Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nomadic Watches

• 19-09-2024 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Just watched the Nomadic Watches launch of their New GMT

Looked nice, but liked a couple their divers

Anyone on here have one or any experience?

New GMT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I have one of their Marai's in Crimson (burgundy bezel with black dial).

Being impartial: It's a decent watch that leans probably slightly too heavily on some rather obvious references. Yes, it has it's own thing going on with the hand designs and colouring (with a nod to Samson & Goliath of Harland & Wolff fame) and ceramic bezels, but it's in the Black Bay vein of things. Solidly built, reliable Swiss movement, decent bracelet, excellent rubber straps as options. Probably a little toppy price-wise when compared with Tissot or Hamilton for a micro-brand.

But I really, really like mine. I like the Irish connection, I like the service I got from them, I like the fact that it is a microbrand, I like the reference-without-directly-quoting design approach. It's something I absolutely love wearing and don't regret it at all. I'll wear it tomorrow and post a few snaps, but think I out one up in another thread recently.

Of course, the clear reference to the Black Bays will invoke ire for many and yes: a Seiko probably is a better watch for less money, but that's kind of beside the point for me.

I didn't love their Turas but this GMT looks decent from what I can see.

Ta da

A few extra photos of the Crimson Marai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

thinking of selling my Marai 401 no date with the extra 2 straps (not the explorer ii 😀) as I’m back in the too many watches not enough wrists situation and it’s not getting worn. If anyone here has any interest drop me a PM before I head into the murky waters of adverts etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

My wife got me a present of the Turas 914 Landfall (green) for my birthday earlier in the year. I actually like it quite a lot. It came with a Nato type strap which I find suits it really well. There are two really strong family connections - one to Belfast and one to Crean which is why she picked it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement