Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gabriel Glodenyte memorial sportive this sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Lovely day out yesterday. The weather was forecast poor later in the morning but held out thanks be to God. It was a gorgeous day in the end. An incredible turnout of young riders, girls and boys. There was a big gang from Sliabh Luachra CC and chatting to one of the lads it seems they've struck a chord with a bunch of young girls and boys and have them riding and racing. One of them was riding in a little bunch with us, spinning away merrily on her junior cassette - 12 years of age!!!! And plenty others of similar ages. Great to see. A sad occasion of course too, but a nice tribute to Gabriel Glodenyte by her friends and team mates.

I was very impressed by the roads down around as well. I'd done the Kelly Comeraghs a few times and the greenway and all that but I'd never been on the roads of the routes yesterday. Fantastic scenery and rolling terrain, well surfaced too. I'd go again for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭JMcL

Ah, that one escaped my my notice, though given I was solo parenting at the weekend would have probably had to skip anyway. It's a nice route, though I'd personally keep to the coast through Stradbally to Bunmahon - it's spectacular and quieter than the "main" road - if a bit leg breaking in places! Weather did hold up nicely in the end

Advertisement