Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

underfloor heating leak??

• 20-09-2024 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I've installed underfloor heating in an old bungalow at the start of 2022.

At the time I was told to keep the pressure around 1.5, and that's normal to let some water in the system every now and then.

But it's the second time in 2 years that the pressure drops slowly under 0.5. So is that really normal? Or do I actually have a leak?

What do you think?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

How big of an area? It can be normal on a new system as it purges small amounts of air left behind.

I presume you pressure tested it before pouring the floor.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SycoLTH

I have no idea if it was pressure tested, I didn't know anything about it and trusted the plumber to do everything.

It covers about 150 SQM and it was installed July 2022.

Advertisement