Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NY for St Patricks stay in Brooklyn or NJ

• 20-09-2024 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Looking for some travel tips and advise from those who have visited NYC and its surrounds. I'm wanting to visit the Big Apple for the first time during St Patricks for a few days in March next yr.

I'll be flying in and out of Newark so ideally wanting to base myself in NJ as I keep hearing accommodation in Manhattan is ridiculously expensive, I'm also open to Brooklyn too.. Is the metro easy to get around between Manhattan, NJ and Brooklyn? Is it cheapest option? Any other advice would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hey we stayed in the hotel at 5th Avenue for St Patrick's week in 2023. 4 nights and flights included cost us 770 each. That hotel is grand nothing fancy but was fairly central beside a subway . Tbh the Parade isn't great just marching bands and a lot of Irish walking in it.

We booked through love holidays.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Fair few years ago now, but we stayed in Williamsburg in Brooklyn and it's a great spot. Hipster village vibe itself, loads of nice restaurants and bars (including some with stunning views over the water at Manhattan), and really easy into Manhattan on the metro or riverbus, or even walking. Don't know what it's like pricewise these days, but worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Wouldn't stay in Brooklyn if flying in/out of EWR. Have a look at Jersey City.

Advertisement