Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tokyo Marathon 2025

• 20-09-2024 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

The general ballot results came out this morning - and lo and behold, I was selected 😀

Can anyone recommend a hotel that's central and convenient for the start, finish and expo?

Thanks

MtM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Also, what do would you want to be flying from here for a Sunday race in Tokyo to get over the worst of the jetlag? Tuesday, Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

really depends on the person. I went to Australia once and arrived in the late evening so basically straight to bed and hadn’t an issue with jet lag at all. Now I wasn’t running but sometimes depends on when you arrive can help. Arriving early morning and you’re trying to stay awake all day could knock you out for days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Congratulations, I also got in through the ballot. I'm currently watching some YouTube videos for recommendations.

I'll most likely fly Thursday to Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Congrats folks. Didnt even consider the ballot this year. Must get my head back in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Hotel booked now, it was very reasonable. The exchange rate is really in our favour.

Will finalise the flights in the next few days. Everything seems to be around the €1,000 mark. Trying to get a flight that arrives early afternoon and departures early afternoon is proving difficult on the days I'd like to travel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement