Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2007 Skoda Octavia 1.4 Petrol Fuel Mileage

• 20-09-2024 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5

Hello, this is my very first post on Boards platform.

I wanted to check if anyone is driving a 2007 Skoda Octavia 1.4 Petrol. I have concern re the fuel economy, currently I drive about 12 kms in the city with stop and go traffic- max speed 50 kmph. It is returning a fuel economy between 9L/100 km to 12L/100 km

On the motorway speed between 80-100kmph, it returns 6.6L/100km and at 120kmph around 7.5L/100 km. I am not sure if this is just normal. The car has had recent full service (1600e of work actually). It has currently done ~188,000 kms, and has had previous 02 owners and had a recent NCT as well.

When I add 10L of petrol it shows a range of 190kms, but now after driving it for 73 kms it says it can do more 60kms.

I refill the air in the tires every weekend 31psi all round, they are 205R16's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are the tyres losing air? Should be no need to put air in them every week.

The figures quoted don't seem too much off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 vinitxxp

Thank you !! Driver side rear tire goes between 26-29, when the service center put the new tires they filled it up to 35PSI. But as per the Manufacturer it suggests 31PSI.

M

That shouldn't be happening in such a short space of time, there's either a puncture or problem with the valve or wheels letting air escape. Maybe bring to a tyre shop to investigate.

I should perhaps, but good to know that the Fuel economy seems okay for the car, I thought it was low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Stop and go city driving is the worst for full economy. Especially in a big car with a smaller engine.

• Advertisement
    M

I know a 1.4 petrol Corolla of the same era would do roughly about 30mpg in city and at best about early 40's mpg on a motorway run so your figures are not off much for a similar car. Driving style is the best way to improve mpg.

I would get that tyre checked, no way should it be losing 10% of its air in a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Sounds normal

That is good to know, because I did let go of my 2006 yaris and it was too good for the fuel, would return 3.0L/100 km at 80KMPH on the motorway (except the fact that, every other user of the road would hate me for driving so slow)

I would also consider upgrading to a 2011 Lexus 200H, seems that one is good for urban traffic.

Advertisement