Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Trolley Options

• 20-09-2024 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

Have a golf glider Microlite for years (maybe 20). It's great, indestructible. Have had a few batteries and current one is nearly 7 years old and just the other day died half way through round so I might need a new one. possible it wasn't charged properly (I guess I might find out in the morning). a new battery is €270 so I'm considering maybe a whole new set up.

why? well the glider is great but it's heavy. so maybe something lighter. something that folds up nice and neat cause the glider is quite chunky. it tends to fall over a bit when the brolly is up (would need a brolly attachment). would like something with an option for holding a drink/coffee/bottle

definitely do not want or need GPS built into it.

anyone got any options/ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

got through 18 holes today over 4:30 so possible it just wasn’t charged properly

Anyway, went into halfpenny and had a good luck and might go with either PowaKaddy ct6 or Motocaddy m1 dhc when the time comes

i like the way their own bags sit on each trolley so would be an upgrade down the line. Don’t like their bags though 🤣 I’ve discovered over time bags which have Brolly pockets which go down through the middle of another pocket are crap. Eg my current titleist bag, the brolloy basically gets in the way of the water pocket. Much better with a brolley on side of bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I was in your situation about 3 years ago and went with a motocaddy…. I'm back with the glider now as the new 'dream' machine was far from functional. It started to fall apart after about a year as the speed control failed, plus it was a nightmare when I changed my bag, as it only housed round base bags. Lighter, yes and easier to lift in and out of the car… but it was far from sturdy and in the end I was happy to bin it. Only my experience and I'm sure others have had different outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Walter Alright

I got one a 36 hole battery for €175 for my Golf Glider.

See link below and before you ask I have no connection to the seller.

https://touch.adverts.ie/trolleys/golf-batteries/34476259

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have a Powakaddy CT6, the one without GPS. Would highly recommend it.

It's sturdy, not that heavy and folds up small. You can get all the usual attachments.

I got this one mainly for the size, I wanted something that folded up very small so I could throw it in a cupboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement