Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating Water using Solar Panels

• 20-09-2024 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Recently I got solar panels and want to know the best way to heat water.

In the past I set the timer to heat water using gas at 7 am for an hour daily. With solar panels should I use boost for an hour every morning? What is the best way to set up water heating?

I include the system I have for gas and electricity. Please ley me know if my discussion is in the correct place and I would very much appreciate support.

PV System (Solar Panels System) supplied by Ecoplex

12 Jinko panels (0.430 x 12 = 5.16kW)

12 Optimisers (as trees near the house)

Solis hybrid inverter (single phase, 3.6kW)

Myenergi hot water diverter (eddi, model 16A1P01H, single phase smart solar diverter)

Shunt

Ber testing and report

On my phone I have myenergi app.

Electric Heaters

4 electric heaters, one is a Dimplex, model ECR20, 1.85- 2.00kW, which is a 2kW oil free column radiator. The others are also Dimplex heaters.

Gas System

Viessmann vitodens 100 - Gas condensing boiler

EPH Controls which independently regulate hot water and central heating.

Energy Suppliers

Electricity, Yuno, contract ends 19 Sept 2025.

Gas, Flogas, contract ends 16 Nov 2024.

Advertisement