Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snooker Season 2024/25

• 21-09-2024 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭

A few ranking events completed already. World Champion Kyren Wilson took a £180K pot in China, and Judd Trump won the mega £500K first prize in Saudi.

Calendar here 2024–25 snooker season - Wikipedia

On-going is the first of the Home Nations series, with the English Open in Brentwood. Coverage on Eurosport.

Semi-finals today. Chris Wakelin is the highest ranked player remaining (not a sentence often typed) and tonight plays Neil Robertson who is hopefully having a return to form. In the afternoon Wu Yize is up against Ishpreet Chadra. The latter is a new name to me anyway, Indian lad from Mumbai in his late 20s. Got to be good for the game if another country can get involved at a high level. Hasn't had a soft run by any means, beating Dott, Jak Jones, HossVaf and Mark Selby, so must have something to his game.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Wu Yize is making the best comeback in ever seen.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Is that a sprung floor or what, with the noise of Robertson striding around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cheap floor aside, nice to see Robbo back winning

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cudsy1

Aaron hill in a decider with ding

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great win for Aaron over Ding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Williams lost. Ronnie pulled out 2 hours before his match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Good win for Aaron, bit unlucky to draw Mark Allen in last 64, but that's the flat draw for you.

Allen wasn't happy with the tables at all today, so may be out of sorts here.

Willo all over the shop with that hollow sounding cue he has for the last 2 weeks. Aluminium ferrule, he didn't sound too convinced. Hendry says he's been paid plenty for it, but if he keeps going home early, it'll soon turn into a liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I watched a bit of that Williams Thor match noticed the sound of Williams cue straight away, then started thinking maybe I was imagining it, surely he wouldn't play with a cue that was that bad etc.

But they commented on it at the analysis post match. Hendry basically said the noise goes "through him" "like a nail on a blackboard". Plus implied Williams was paid money to play with that cue.

Also said Williams was stubborn and won't change even if was not working. I never saw that Thor fella play before (even though he is around awhile), although Williams was poor, Thor played some solid/sensible sort of snooker.

I didn't see the Hill/Ding match but will watch back highlights. I like the way Hill talks about his game seems enthusiastic willing to learn/improve.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Anyone know if Allen / Hill is on the TV table? I reckon Hill has a chance if Mark is not playing Table 1 (a lot of his rant yesterday was to do with him not being happy to not be on the main table, I reckon he will be fuming if he is on the same table today).

On itv4

Sporting a pair of ons I believe

Post edited by cudsy1 on

• Advertisement

Not at the races. Hendry and main comms being nice to him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

At least he got a frame on the board now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Stan Moody into the last 16 with a win over Zhang Anda.

Moody has just turned 18 and he is moving up the rankings, should be into the top 64 soon if he keeps this up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I don’t understand the British open. It’s a home nations event that isn’t a home nation’s event.

I’m generally not a best of 7 fan, so 2 weeks in a row is a real turn off for me

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement