Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zappi Reg Code

• 21-09-2024 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I got a new Zappi charger fitted today.

Started to setup the app which asks for the Serial Number and the Reg Code. The serial number is on a docket that the fitter gave me, and the Reg Code is meant to be on the charger itself. I followed the guidelines on the MyEnergi tech support website, but where it is supposed to show the Reg Code, it is blank.

Of course, it is the weekend, and MyEnergi phoneline just goes straight to "Call back another time".

Has anybody else encountered this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Make sure your Zappi is paired properly with your wi-fi router. I remember having a similar issue when I had mine installed. I had to reboot/restart the Zappi charger itself after pairing it with the router. Once rebooted the reg number was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Trondheim

Thanks.

How do i pair it with the router? The fitter told me that all that would be done through the app, but i can't use the app until i have the Reg Code!

I would restart the zappi first and see if that resolves the reg number issue. There is the option to restart it in the zappi settings menu.

To pair the zappi with your wifi router you can press the WPS button on your router and then go into the zappi wifi settings menu and pair it from there. When you press the WPS button on your router it will transmit up to a certain distance for a few minutes so that devices can pair with it. So if your router is not close to the zappi then best have someone at the router and press the WPS button while you are at the zappi in the wifi settings menu and pair with the router.

Also have a look on youtube as there are bound to be how to videos on this if your still not sure what your doing.

Thanks very much. I found it here.

https://support.epower.ie/portal/en/kb/articles/setting-up-wifi-on-zappi-v2-via-android-device#:~:text=Go%20to%20'Other%20Settings'%20%3E,set%20to%20ON%20by%20default.

You were right, once it was connected, the Reg code appeared.

I am not overly impressed with the fitter. He told me everything could be set up over the app, but then left before i had a chance to set that up. I rang him about the Reg code, and he just said that sometimes it doesn't appear and i should call zappi.

Either not very knowledgeable or not very helpful.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. You saved me a lot of time and hassle.

Sorry, me back again.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of functionality on the myenergi app. Am i missing something? It seems to just show you usage and allow you to select Fast, Eco, Eco+.

So for scheduling night time charging is that all to be done by the app for the car, rather than the Zappi app?

Also, it looks like anybody could just plug in the charger and it will start charging their car. Can i lock it, so that it only works when i approve on the app?

• Advertisement

Glad you got it sorted. I had a somewhat similar experience but my installer did try to pair the zappi to my router numerous time but it failed for the same reason. That was the extent of his knowledge on that side of it though. I work in IT myself so figured it out but wouldn't have much of a clue around the electrical side. To be fair these guys are mostly sparks so tech stuff is not their area of expertise. Some would have good knowledge/experience of the tech side also while others have none or only a basic understanding of it.

You can set up a PIN on the wall box so that every time you plug the cable in it will ask for the PIN. This will also prevent anyone messing with the wall box settings.

The MyEnergi app is fairly generic and limited alright especially if like me you don't have solar panels. I just use the car's own charging app to manage my charging schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭tlaavtech

You can schedule charging on the Zappi by switching to Eco+ mode and selecting the scheduling tab there. When you need to charge outside the schedule time, use Fast mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

Theres a lot more functionality once you set up your plan and car through the web browser. The pin is fairly useless as a security function, especially with an isolator located beside it. The unit is unlocked when it is reboots after powering off.

Advertisement