Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 Transfers.

• 21-09-2024 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭

2 free

Thinking Robertson → Gabriel

Salah → Saka

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

VVD to someone

Bruno to Diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

All aboard the Chelsea train. Choo-choo.

Done Jota to Sancho lastnight.

Have another FT.

Might do Salah to Saka just based on the next 3 fixtures (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭COH

Salah > Diaz to raise some funds for elsewhere perhaps. Id like to get TAA in maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Arsenal next few are too good to ignore so hit city in play.

Salah to Saka

4.0 to Gabriel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Lewis has to go. I'm 0.1m short for Trent

Might get Gabriel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Ben White is now a dilemma for me. Dropped yesterday. At 6.5m you need an absolute guaranteed starter. Not sure if I should sell him, Arsenal’s fixtures are so tasty coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Arteta said before the game that the change was forced on them implying he was carrying some sort of knock and not match fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Went Lewis to Gabriel and Salah to Saka with 2FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭COH

Myolenko now stinking up my transfer value after dropping to 4.3. Similarly J.Pedro dropped (its all he has done since I transferred him in) so I have a total of 10.0 to replace both with my 2FTs.

Are there any worthwhile 4.0 defenders? I saw there is a lad for Ipswich but I already have Davis.

Could just leave them for now and hope for the best I suppose. Or Downgrade Salah > Diaz to free up funds for either Myo > TAA or Pedro to Watkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm 0.1 short on Mitoma to Semenyo and KDB to Palmer which may be a blessing as it allows me to get through the midweek games without getting itchy fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Some options for 4m defender but I don't think there's one clean sheet between them yet this year - very much enablers

Van den Berg of Brentford is the best currently, risk is though he's playing as a CB as part of a back 3, so we're not sure what happens if they were to revert to a back 4 at some point. He's got the #4 shirt and was a £25m signing in the offseason so presumably he's gonna get a chance. Nice fixtures

Mosquera of Wolves the other option from a "decent club", although there's fears he may have done an ACL this week so hold fire on that one. Colombian international who had played every minute this season before coming off injured Saturday.

After that the promoted teams have a few. All of Ipswich's bar the LB (they have one CS), Bednarek and Harwood-Bellis of Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭crushproof

Snap, did exactly the same. Hopefully not punished by getting rid of Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Went

Robbo to Gabriel

Salah to Saka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I had saved up my transfers to get Haaland back in for next week. Having a look now and its just so dull, you’re a perma captain and you’re left with downgrading everywhere to get him

Options currently are

Haaland + Pedro (injured) + Palmer + Lewis

V

Watkins + Jackson (who I really like) + Salah + Gabriel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I can’t disagree with the dullness of it all but those City fixtures are incredible.

There’s also a chance they concede more without Rodri so may have to score more goals.

I wouldn’t like to go without him and you have planned for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There are no 4m defenders at this stage that are worth a squad place beyond 3rd sub. As with last year, the promoted teams are leaky AF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

How dogsh*te have Everton been so far? Slightly tempted by McNeil or DCL to facilitate some Arsenal defenders.

Post edited by ShagNastii on

In fairness scoring goals hasn’t been Everton’s problem, it’s keeping conceding them. I wouldn’t touch their defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ended up going with the no Haaland option, there has to be a way to play the game without him and the dullness of just having him and captaining him every week doesn't appeal to me, prefer not to play the game at all.
    Absolutely expect him to get 10 in the next 6, up to me to captain the right man each week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 camillaflynn

Hi all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Van den Berg and Mbuemo in, Jota and Rico Lewis out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah, if anything it's time for a city attacking double up.

Any thoughts on who else to go with from city?

Obviously all of them are subject to Pep roulette so there risks but I'd be happy enough to buy a lad who will play 4 of the next 6 given the fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭thefallingman

arteta still not sure about Raya for the weekend and my back up keeper doesn’t play so maybe late transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Soucek to Rogers. No brainer but should have been done weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭shmeee

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/122659068#Comment_122659068

Wolves could be understrength tomorrow, a bug in the camp.

And Liverpool assets transferred out this GW. Diaz locked for many on WC.

https://x.com/LiamKeen_Star/status/1839649493945385182?t=AbSBQbITsSl8sgHEjanX6g&s=19

Thinking of taking a punt on Martinelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Keeping C Salah on WC might prove to a differential now ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wonder will Wolves set up really defensive if they are missing multiple players?

Watching Salah in Anfield last week and his pace really seems to have gone now, but his eye for a pass has somehow gotten even better. He was threading in through balls much more regularly. IIRC it was 6 key passes he had in that game alone. I've been saying for a while that think he is moving towards more of an assist type player. But it's still Salah, so he should rack up some goals, but I think that explosiveness factor for getting 2 or 3 goals is not there. Saying all that, assist just might be the play for him against a deep Wolves defence.

Advertisement