Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permanent Changes of Car Covered on Insurance Policy

• 21-09-2024 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭

I've two cars this past while and I'm insured with 123.ie (underwritten by RSA). Before I have to ask them, I was wondering does anyone know what's the limit on number of permanent car changes that can be made to a car policy in any one year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

There is no limit, but if you change frequently they may question you as to weather you are selling cars or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

No limit, they'd only be delighted for you to change as the more changes you make the more they can charge you the €40 'admin' charge per change, and probably take advantage of the 'changed' details to raise your actual policy cost also.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Not all insurance companies charge admin fees. I often got refunds after changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

123.ie do charge fees, as regards refunds, anything is possible alright. Personally the only time I ever got a refund was a million years ago moving from provisional to full licence, other than that they always either went up or 'did me a favour' and kept it the same.

https://www.123.ie/compliance/TOB0021.pdf

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Ah no, I've used the temp and permanent changes a good few times and have never been charged by 123, except for the time I was just after renewing on the lesser of the two cars (so cheaper premium) and when I changed policy cover to the more expensive powerful car there was a charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement