Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Club juveniles

• 22-09-2024 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi someone might shed some light please. Our local gaa club are kicking back letting juveniles play on the ground outside of their training slots or use bar facilities to watch matches etc. Whereas I understand child safety legislation and insurance issues, are any GAA clubs out there doing this well and providing juveniles with a social room and a welcome atmosphere? Appreciate your input

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Bar facilities is one thing but are you saying that juveniles aren't allowed on the pitch outside of training times?? That's madness if so - they should and need to be encouraged to use it as much as they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I too can understand clamping down on unaccompanied children in the bar, but I don't understand not letting them onto the pitches outside of designated training times. It's the complete opposite to what young players are told in my own club and I'd assume most other clubs too: "get to the field and practice as much as you can. Don't just wait for training sessions."

Have there been incidents of vandalism, bullying, accidental damage to property, or anything like that? Or are there any particular accident risks at the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 curiousmart

No incidents that club members have been made aware of, and such behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. Even if teenagers had to sign a code of conduct etc and not leave rubbish behind and to behave. Just curious what others clubs are doing in this space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I really don't know, then. Have never heard of any other club telling young lads they can't come to club grounds and play hurling or football whenever they want to, and I've been knocking around the GAA a long time in all sorts of ways. Has the club itself offered any explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭HurlingBoy

I know that an enclosed astro pitch cannot be left open as club is at risk of insurance claim. I'd imagine it would be the same for club house. I think the pitch might be ok as club would have public liability insurance. Generally clubs can be relaxed about these thing until someone tries to make a claim and then the rules have to be enforced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement