Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport taxi recommendations?

• 23-09-2024 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭

I know there are several old taxi threads but nothing really new in the days of the apps.

Deleted Free Now after being scammed by a driver who charged extra tolls and said he dropped us off several miles from where he actually did so looking to book an early morning airport taxi for the weekend. Uber lets you pre-book except to the airport, no pre-booking on bolt so any local recommendations (or other apps) to book my taxi? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭raheny red

I had a family holiday and a solo trip back in June and couldn't figure out what taxi company to use in D15/Blanch. So I went with the company I always relied on when I lived/worked in Raheny: Home (classiccabs.ie)

I think they were once based in Baldoyle but just online now. The website is quite dated but was handy enough to use. Looking back at my texts they use the icabbi service for bookings.

You get the drivers' name, car model, and taxi number. Both times the driver arrived 10/15 mins before the scheduled time. IIRC there are no hidden charges, but they do over estimate the booking charge but both times I got a refund as was lower at the end of the fare.

I'll 100% be using them again as they were fantastic and I'm still unsure what company to use/rely on in the local area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

I've used the below several times without issue. Always arrived a few mins ahead of the pickup (but meter not started early or anything) and seem reliable.

https://aread15airporttaxis.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks guys. Uber have actually changed and now allow airport booking so ended up going with them

Advertisement