Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PTSB - Charge on receiving dollars into Euro account

• 23-09-2024 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi There, hoping someone might know, as PTSB(call centre / online messages) cant seem to confirm, is there a charge for receiving US dollars to a Euro account(I am sure there is, just I can seem to locate it) I know they will give themselves a favorable rate just trying to ascertain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Don't do it, you will be way better off to use wise/revolut etc. to receive that money and convert it there.

PTSB actually uses Citibank in the background for transfers and depending on how the SWIFT transfer is initiated either the sender takes the cost, or you might be charged fees by each bank (including Citibank) that touches the payment during its transfer.

PTSB also takes up to 6% currency spread when converting your USD to EUR depending on the day.

31.50€ also seems to be the fee associated with non-EUR transfers (but the T&C are a little vague if this is outbound only or also inbound).

Have a look at wise/revolut etc., you save yourself a lot of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I do know that PTSB will not for example exchange Sterling for you even if you have an account with them. BTW where can one exchange a small amount of Sterling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

You may be able to do this in a Post Office, certainly your bank should be able to do it. Otherwise if in Dublin go to Fexco on Westmoreland St

No apparently my own bank PTSB can't do it because they don't have a clearing section or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

PTSB has stopped offering physical currency exchange in 2021!

Same for the post office, they don't do cash currency anymore either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭MikeCairo78

Thanks so much - I have a Revolut account and didnt even consider this as an option - thanks so much !

An post will give out foreign currency but won't take it back!

Advertisement