Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding outdoor socket and relocating outdoor light.

• 23-09-2024 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I did an outdoor covered decking and would want to have an outdoor socket and also move 1 of my current outdoor light connection and change the lighting unit to provide lighting in the decking area.

I am planning to do this my self, but would want to ask if this is permitted/falls on a minor tasks or this would require a certified electrician?

For the outdoor socket, I think will be straight forward? drill a hole through wall and connect a spur to an existing socket inside as the outside planned location is directly opposite the internal socket. connect a 3 core wire (size 2.5mm for a 20A radial circuit?) to an outdoor socket (already bought a BG IP66 rated double socket). Then seal the hole with silicon?

For the relocation of outdoor lighting, this will be moved 2.5m from its location horizontally around the wall but will have to turn in a corner. I will also change the type of light attached either run a outdoor led strip around the pergola or outdoor downlights (or maybe both). So will need some external cable runs (need info on which cables to use but supposed size 1.5mm for 10A circuit), IP66+ rated junction boxes and switch if I will have 2 types of lights?

If these would require a certified electrician, what's the estimate cost of this job? Thanks.

Advertisement