Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGS 2024 - Ryder Jug - Carlow Golf Club - 28th Sept

• 23-09-2024 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

The end of the Boards Golf Society for 2024 season is almost upon us and, with it, brings the end of season Ryder jug match vs the Reps. The match takes place this Saturday the 28th in Carlow Golf Club starting at 10am. Making the jug team is a very difficult thing to do in our society and this year it was possibly the highest points total ever required to make the team.

Congratulations again to the following who made the team and good luck in your respective matches on Saturday:
    @a post punk
    @Alanm
    @awec
    @bakerbhoy
    @benny79
    @blue note
    @boccy23
    @Macker1
    @paulos53
    @spacecoyote
    @Seve OB
    @token56.

I'm not familiar with Carlow golf course, but I've heard many good things about it. I'm really looking forward to teeing it up on Saturday to hopefully retain the jug which @RoadRunner's team so comprehensively won last year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Sorbet

Best of luck to all. Great achievement making that team this year. Looking forward to a great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

looking forward to it as always

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭a post punk

looking forward to it again , very strong team this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bobster453

Best of luck guys.

Bring home the bacon or die trying.

🏌‍♂️⛳️🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆.......…🏆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

As has been mentioned, very hard to make the team this year and everyone there really deserves to be there. The result will likely come down to just a few small moments here and there, nearly insignificant in themselves over the course of 18 holes, but key is how people manage those moments. The GOTY points system favours consistent good results at all new courses and as such each person teeing up on the day is 100% the right person for the job. So don't let one mistake here or an opponent chipping in there frazzle you!

The Jug is a unique competition and a fantastic tradition between two rival societies. It will be an exciting day with ups and downs that will live on in memories afterwards and Carlow golf club, celebrating 125 years of heritage, is an excellent venue for it.

Reflecting on last year's win at Headford new, I have great memories being chauffered back to the 18th green by @Break80 afterwards when it was finally clear the win was in the bag with everyone there congratulating me (both teams!) - a highlight of 2023 for me and one of those moments that will remain in the database. Hopefully Saturdays competition at Carlow will be just as memorable for everyone involved 🙂

Best of luck captain @Alanm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Carlow is a pedigree course, enjoy all

Advertisement