Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friendly or...

• 23-09-2024 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭

A few months ago, I was chatting to someone at an event, and we kept in touch. They offered to help with teaching me something I was interested in learning. A few months passed and they have kept their word. The extent of help they are providing is above and beyond though. Its something they are passionate about, but me being occasionally naive I just want to be sure where I stand.

There has been a subsequent event where same person sat beside me, and we spent a few hours talking, me noticing a reasonable amount of arm touching and all that etc

Any messaging is usually about lessons. But in the back of my head I am wondering if I am blindly walking into something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Are you interested in anything more? Nobody here will know based on the little info given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Step23

Yes, seems we have some common interests. Still getting to know person, though it's a matter of working out if there is anything more wanted from her side, based on various signs, which could be just being friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Teapot30

I wouldn't jump into asking her on a date, it could muddy the waters. I'd honestly go with the flow, she's very likely just friendly and likes to help people. When she's finished giving you lessons, see if you keep in touch and how the conversation flows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Step23

The being friendly and wanting to help is sort of my initial thought. But the event we were both at had the notice amounts of arm touching, prolonged eye contact etc. All I can do is play it by ear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement