Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sticking with a job that isn't working or look for another job

• 23-09-2024 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Here is my dilemma :

Joined the public sector a number of months back as a HEO in the IT division, quite a busy and challenging role that is very different from anything I've done before. My boss is quite demanding, we haven't really gelled and I've struggled to fit in since I joined. I had my 3 month review recently which I failed and received quite a lot of negative feedback, overall I think it was a bit harsh but I've taken it on board and doing my best with it.

Ultimately I'd like the job to work out but I'm also worried about the prospect of being unemployed next year if my manager still isn't happy. I think there is a fair chance of that happening.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position, should I persevere with it or throw in the towel and look for another job that more closely matches my experience. I'm really annoyed about it and a bit worried to be honest. Many thanks.

Advertisement