If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TCL 50c805k

• 24-09-2024 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for a 50" TV for a bedroom, has to be 50" because of where the wall mounting bracket is.

Am looking at this model, as it seems to be good bang for buck.

I'm out of the country, and won't be back at home in Dublin until about 12.00pm on Friday October 4th.

I'm wondering if I order now would it be possible to specify delivery for afternoon of Friday 4th?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Heraldoffreeent.

Thanks for the post.

The TCL 50C805 is a great TV for the money.

There is no issue in placing the order now via our website and I can mark it for delivery Friday 4th in the afternoon.
    I can hold the TV here until closer to the time and then get it shipped so it arrives on the date requested.

Currently priced at €689 delivered. Also includes out VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-208076-tcl-50c805k-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-mini-led-tv.aspx?swapstore=1

Any issues or questions please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hi Kenny,

I might hijack this thread as I've just bought a 55C805K from you. For 4K HDR content and gaming it looks great, but I'm having a lot of issues with 1080p streams. I watch a lot of live sport via the NOW streaming app at 1080p and the picture looks fairly rubbish and I can't get it to look any better. There is a lot of pixelation/artifacting happening and using the digital noise reduction to smooth this out introduces other issues. I'm pretty surprised/disappointed by this given the TV gets generally great reviews, my previous TV was a 2017 LG OLED and it could play these streams without any issues. Even when NOW was streaming at 720p a few years back the LG TV could display the stream without these issues. I'm not expecting OLED levels of display (although to my eye it really does get close enough for 4K HDR stuff), but I can't see why it would be introducing artifacting for 1080p content. It does the same thing with lower res stuff on youtube too.

Is this normal with this TV or is there something wrong with the one I have?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Royale With Cheese.

Sorry to hear you are maybe having some issues with our 50C805.

Would it be possible to capture a video of the issue and email it into our service team.
    They will be able to review and see if there is an issue and we can take things from there.

It is not an issue I have came across before with this TV unfortunately.
    It will not be possible to compare the TCL to the LG OLED as technology in the LG for upscaling content is excellent, it maybe that the TCL isn't as good at upscaling.

Drop us the video over to service@Richersounds.ie and I'll drop your issue over to them also and see if there is anything they can think of to help in the first instance.

Include your name and address in the email so it can be linked to your account.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.