Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3-4 night - 4 round golf holiday suggestions

• 24-09-2024 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

4 of us went last march to southern Spain. Great trip 3 great courses, la Cala, Marbella GC etc (1 terrible). We booked the courses, club hire, car, flights all separate so we'd like any suggestions on packages.

We would consider anywhere. All ranges of golfers. Mid-late march ideally.

All suggestions welcome. Ideally fly from Cork/Shannon.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Just back yesterday from Mallorca.

Stayed in Palma City, played Son Muntaner, Son Gual and Son Vida. 

It has a different vibe to it compared to our usual Portugal jaunts, and I have to say in a very positive way. Staying in a proper city brings in a better array of cultures, restaurants and bars. Plus the proximity of everything is a real bonus. Airport to town, 10 mins. Longest trip to a course, 20 mins. Palma airport was an absolute breeze too. 

Muntaner was lovely, just a very enjoyable trek with a good mix of holes. Great clubhouse and facilities and staff. Gual was the kind of big track I loved a few years back (think Christy O’Connor type course) but these days I prefer more subtle. Again superb facilities and people. Vida felt a little cramped after those two, until the back 9 opened up a little, and I suppose would be easily described as a solid resort course. 

Downsides? None. Maybe a few quid more expensive than Portugal equivalents, but only just. At the time of year you’re talking about you run more of a weather risk (than you would for example where you were in La Cala), but then again there would be more to do if you did get rained off. You might even catch a La Liga game (we didn’t).

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭soverybored1878

Following this thread as I'm looking to arrange something with the lads myself.

I've heard mixed reviews on Portugal. Some of the courses apparently are fairly bog standard for the price and majority of them would be overlooked in Ireland (I know we are spoilt tbf).

Advertisement