Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

48 does not allow entry to text entry competitions that require premium text. Why?

• 24-09-2024 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

So, there I was, all set to win 150k like everyone else on the Newstalk Play competition, only to find that 48 does not allow one to do this, even when your account is in credit. Why have they blocked (and seemingly have never offered) Premium Text. As I now intend to win!!!😁 the 200k this Friday, what is a good alternative to 48 that does allow premium texting. The stance of 48 is a big mystery to me. I want to switch not because of the competition where my chances are negligible but more to do with my fundamental belief that a network provider should not have the right to block a citizen from a legitimate activity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

To offer this service it would cost them money to imlement and they are all about low costs. If you want premuim rate sms you can change provider to one that does offer the service you want.

change your provider and pay more.

48 target market is people who want fixed bills with no surprises. Its a no frills offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

'my fundamental belief that a network provider should not have the right to block a citizen from a legitimate activity.'

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Your provider is doing you a favour. Don't waste your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭sligopaul

If you add credit to your account with 48 does it not cover premium texts. That said I previously had entered the Newstalk competition and texts now do not send yet I have credit on my account so maybe something has changed

Advertisement