Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Di2 cable tool TL-EW300...any B&M shop stocking ?

• 25-09-2024 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi

anyone know of any bike shops around dublin stocking the TL-EW300 Di2 cable tool, for the newer thinner Di2 wires ?

have ordered some cables and a connector from Mantel but forgot the tool…

or do i even need it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

You'll get away with out it but you need to put more force than you would think into getting the wire fully in. If it clicks in easily, then it is only at the first bite, it will work but possibly come loose (as I have found out from experience), I can lend you mine if you are in Dublin or Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭smilgy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shimano-Non-TL-EW300-tube-plug/dp/B095YQ3TSV

Delivery by Friday if you have prime, if thats of any use to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭joey100

Do think the tool is more important now, the newer cable connectors are thinner than the older ones. Bettershifting.com, the go to for anything di2 related, just had post about using the connector on their instagram but can't see it on their site. Seeing more failure rates and seems to be related to not using tool to install and the connection bending when it's been put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I'd say your best bet is to ring around your local stores and one might have one in stock.

They might give you a free one as they come with multiple parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Derek Humphries (Finglas) gave me one. Feel free to borrow anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭devonp

thanks all for the advice and @CramCycle and WA for the offers, not in a huge rush so i'll ring around first, then prob bite the bullet if no luck and order one

tnx

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've one and only up the road if you need to borrow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭devonp

cheers SB, ordered from Amazon, also joined Prime (free month) and ended up watching Fargo S5 😄

Advertisement