Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barely any private cars in the city centre

• 25-09-2024 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice this? Unbelievable. I've been in the city centre as a motorist (various jobs around town with equipment), a pedestrian and public transport user. The streets are empty of cars, still plenty of people around. When working I was flying around, went from Sheriff Street to Hanover Quay to Merrion square in no time, two jobs and a meeting done before lunch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Sure the city manager does'nt want private cars in the city center,which is why the shopping centers/retail center's on the outskirts are rammed.City center shopping is in decline,ain't no one getting onto a bus with armfull's of shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭bluedex

Dublin city centre is dying by a thousand cuts. City managers seem to be a bunch of brainless fools trying to recreate a mediterranean environment in Northern European city, aided and abetted by the Green cult.

Rant over :)

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

Great news. Maybe the changes are actually working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I was doing Dublin deliveries from Wednesday to Sunday last week and found it as busy as ever. Took me 50 minutes to get from Pembroke Street to East Arran St on an emergency last minute delivery which the customer was not too impressed with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Anyone on Capel st. for Culture Night?? I've never seen the street as packed & lively as it was then. (It's my favourite street in Dublin, always has been)

• Advertisement

Journey times are down, footfall is up. Seems to be working.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-transport-plan-journey-times-footfall-6496259-Sep2024/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It took me over two hours to get home via the city centre on the bus, journey normally an hour door to door.

Let's see the average journey times when the weather is bad like it was yesterday.

Was this recently? So, in your case less cars meant the bus went slower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Maybe the stress has gotten too much for most people!

Luckily I have access to good public transport links and hybrid work, I drove in twice this year and waited until 10am to leave the house and found it ok. Quays are a no go at anytime

https://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/travel/dublin-second-most-stressful-drive-33748920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yesterday. Still plenty of cars in certain areas of the city centre, a lot probably just going different routes, plus it was raining so lots of people probably deciding to drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement