Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is this Box New Apartment

• 25-09-2024 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4

hello

I am just buying an apartment and in the bathroom, there is a large electrical unit above the toilet (PIC ATTACHED)

can anyone identify this box and possibly recommend a more modern version of whatever it is ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Hooked

Very hard to tell from the photo but my first GUESS would be gas boiler for the central heating…

No idea really though. Whats the flap/door at the front. Take pics of this and whats visible under the box (above cistern)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭meercat

looks like a gas boiler alright but totally against electrical regulations if it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Hooked

Judging by those retro fitted heating pipes below the rad - might be a gas boiler after all…

…and those are aluminium windows - I think - another sign of an older build. That tiling is very poor also.

I hope you are getting an engineers report before parting with your money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭beachhead

Who would have thoughts of regs in 1972.Flap is for pilot light inspection and regulate temperature knob/valve.Probably placed there due to layout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭meercat

it was never permitted to install a gas boiler (or any other electrical appliances)so close to a bath/shower

o.p

if there is no power in this apartment you will require a certificate from a rec to facilitate reconnection

No rec will provide one with this boiler location

if there is power and you ever need a boiler service then rgi will issue a notice of non compliance

If you ever need a boiler replacement it cannot go back here

if you ever have a rec working in your apartment and he spots this then he must issue a notice of potential hazard

• Advertisement
Advertisement