Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance assessor used my car reg

• 25-09-2024 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4

is it illegal for a car insurance assessor to use the wrong car reg? In this case my cars reg was used for a valuation after an accident.

I bought my car from new and it has never been in an accident. When I question the insurance they say that it was valued but they don’t know who valued it or why it was valued.

Does any one have any experience or advise for this matter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 lt1233

I bought a car brand new in 2018. I went to trade it in this week for something newer but when the dealership done a vehicle check it came back that the car has been valued in 2020 after being in an incident.

I contacted my insurance at the time 5 times today and no one could help me. They said it’s on their engineers system but they can’t see who put it on or why it was put on. They also can’t delete it.

The car was never in an accident and I’ve never claimed through my insurance nor has anyone claimed against me.

As a result of this the car has now lost nearly half its value because ‘it was damaged at some stage’

can any one help or has anyone any suggestions on where I go from here? I’m not sure what to do next to rectify this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭geographica

insurance ombudsman be any help?

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 lt1233

I didn’t even realise that was a thing? I’ve spent the best part of 2 hours on the phone today to the insurance and they’ve said nothing can be done about it that they have no info. Just can’t understand that how they can’t see who put it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

MIBI are responsible for the collection of data regarding damage to vehicles.

They have made a false entry referring to your car which is a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Get on to them and if they don't rectify the data consult a solicitor.

https://www.mibi.ie/data-protection/

Thank you so much, I had no idea where to go from here. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I've merged your two threads.

Confirm your email address and this can be moved to the appropriate forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭con___manx1

When I bought my car I did a full history check. Even went to the mechanic that the guy I bought the car USED to go with my car. I asked the mechsnics questions about it. It turns out it was all lies.

I Found out A few years later that the drivers door was not the original DOOR. Few other things to.

Im just telling this story as a warning you never know whst you get with a second hand car. History checks don't mean ****.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement