Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Coaching/Positive mindset

• 25-09-2024 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was recently offered a new job, whereby I will be becoming part of the senior leadership team in a brand new organisation. Coming externally, I am both excited and nervous about this.

I have to serve out my notice in my present job, and wish to take advantage of this time to prepare myself for the greater responsibility and new work duties.

I will be under the spotlight from the word go, very possibly from people who would have went for the job that I successfully secured.

I want to empower myself to become resilient and ensure a positive mindset - I know there is a school of thought out there that we can coach ourselves to think positively - and to have the skills to focus on my strenghths, that I was chosen for this job for a reason, etc.

Is there a service that would address the above? Not sure if it is a type of coaching, or even mindfulness, but would love to avail of a service whereby someone could help me prepare as best as possible for potential professional challenges in a few weeks.

Hope that makes sense! Any advice most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You should give more consideration to the work you face before leaving your current employer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Do an EQ test and find areas of improvement. For example, you may be poor on empathy or some such leadership skill.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks folks - should have clarified, when I said "take advantage of the time" between now and when I start the job, I meant in my spare time, that if there was a one-to-one service that someone could recommend - I certainly won't be phoning it in in my current position.

Advertisement