Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! It's cold and central heating not working

• 26-09-2024 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

hi all, I got panels fitted and they are working away heating the water with Eddie eddi and generating electricity but it's its cold this evening and turned turnwon the oil boiler but it's its not heating heathinthe radiators. Anyone got any idea why this is before I ring them in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Is it zoned? Is the wall stat set low?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Do you have any warm clothing?

Anything like cotton or wool fleece would keep you warm. Wear plenty of layers as that keeps the heat in longer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Solar and eddi shouldn't effect the oil boiler, it's not connected to it in any way.

Is the time correct?, when you turn it on does it make noise? Does the pipe from it get hot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The Eddi will only heat water, your central heating will be controlled by the same timer and thermostat that they were connected to before. You need to check the heating is set to come on and the thermostat is set high enough

Did you replace the timer for the heating as well when you got the Eddi?

Most of them have a boost function, quicker to hit that now and see if the boiler starts up

Also turn the thermostats up (you might have several) until they click. You'll often hear the zone valves opening in your hot press when that happens, a short whirring noise. After a moment the boiler should start

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement