Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relationship woe

• 27-09-2024 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭

Can’t find the right place for this so I’ll just put the own to paper here.

I’ve got a seriously worrying situation within my marriage.

Long story short, we’ve been together 6+ years and married just over 2.

We have a 3 year old daughter and I’ve two children from a previous marriage.

I’ve a good job and I provide what I can for my patch work family.

Up until our own daughter was born my wife was a joy to be with. Would always have a laugh and always showed me love no matter what.

After the birth she changed and was agitated with almost every single thing I did.

Due to her maternity she took a financial hit so I had to make up the short fall by working longer hours which caused issues at home but I wasn’t really left with much choice.

The arguments got much more heated and last much longer and we both were and are guilty of it.

Eventually she told me her feelings and what she needed from me and so I did my best to meet them but felt she never met me half way with my own feelings.

Everything I did would still anger her and nothing I tried worked.

Eventually I started reaching out to therapists to see if maybe this could help but it never led to anywhere.

The last few weeks it has been getting worse and worse to the point I was told she wanted to separate.

Now I have been threatened with this many times and I warned the last time that if she said it again then I’d follow through.

I feel like my feelings simply don’t matter, there was a close call with violence as she almost threw a vase at me in anger.

This worries me.

She has literally begged me to go to therapy and after a while I simple wore out and agreed.

I feel I’ve made the wrong decision and don’t know how to get out of it now. I’m also aware I’d be essentially undateable and I’m preparing myself for a bit of a lonely time.

So everyone, would you have done like me or ended it there and then?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - OP I have moved your thread to PI, where it seems to be more suited, than AH.

Local charter now applies.
    For anyone who is unfamiliar with the PI charter - please read it before you reply to the OP.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Op is there an age difference ? And also you say you have a good job . Was she in a good job when you met .
    Pay no attention to the but it sounds like she wanted a baby daddy who could provide for her . As for her pushing you towards therapy , if you feel you needed it fine , otherwise I’d say you were gaslighted.

I’ve been there and it’s not your fault . Get legal advice and as much time as you can with your daughter .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

she sounds like an awful dose. I’d let her swing and not indulge her nonsense a second longer - call her bluff.
    She’s the one that should be in therapy not you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Two observations..

Was she ever diagnosed or considered post natal depression?

Oh course, she could just be nasty/angry but have hormones been ruled out since this change seemed to happen close after your daughter was born?

Second, put dating out of your mind right now. Your focus should be on the welfare and well-being of your 3 children.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement