Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel are going to start WWIII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭TokTik

Most people know that there are plenty of Jews protesting against the genocide too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,522 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There's obviously some degree of antisemitic stuff but it's thrown out now like confetti at wedding and mainly to deflect conversation about the war crimes and genocide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭brickster69

The evil **** got his justice. Not laughing now are you sunshine ?

"if you get on the wrong train, get off at the nearest station, the longer it takes you to get off, the more expensive the return trip will be."

Karma remembered him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Anti semitism should be condemned and i wouldnt be part of a march with those slogans. But if that is all posters are posting about a year into Israel killing 10s of thousands of innocent people it is clear then what they prioritise to get outraged about.

Indeed. It's trotted out every time something awkward comes along for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭dmcdona

The numbers vary. Officially, the number of known Palestinians killed in Gaza is 44,000. That would equate to about 30,000 women and children. I'd say the number of dead children is circa 20,000.

But that is the known number. There are many thousands buried under the rubble that will never be identified. Undoubtedly, there are many for whom there is nothing left to identify - the result of a 2000lb bomb with a kill radius of 750m.

A letter published in the Lancet estimates the number of dead in Gaza is circa 186,000. This number includes secondary deaths due to lack of medical care, starvation, disease etc.

All in all, I'm not so sure the distinction between 11,000, 16,000 or 20,000 dead children really matters at this point. Simply put, Israel has killed an extremely large number of children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Maybe you missed the word "also" there. IOW, I know Poland isn't a Baltic state, but they ALSO feel that Russia is a threat to them.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,692 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yeah. Literally murdering rescue and aid workers.

But but but someone may have said something I saw on the internet.

I'm outraged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Nugget89

No. I said antisemitism is a real problem.

You seemingly can't bring yourself to neagtively comment on Israeli snipers shooting children. Good to know where you stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I haven't said anything about that issue (it's terrible and I condemn it BTW) but that hasn't stopped you making assumptions and statements on my beliefs.

The gracious thing to do would be to apologise.

Glazers Out!

Lol. Why don't you and your pearls get up the yard. No one is falling for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Nugget89

A good start, well done.

You suggested that I'm an antisemite and now you're asking for an apology. Good man, you've some neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I saw this reported on the BBC.

I think its great that the IDF managed to free her. Shame they've not managed to free the rest of the Israeli hostages yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭mulbot

Except being a NATO member they really don't feel any threat,except obviously in a direct NATO /Russia war.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Mary Robinson calling Israel out yesterday. First a sitting President and now a retired President. I'll await the usual backlash against them for telling it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes and even if they were chanting 'gas the jews', they were obviously referring to laughing gas. It was just a suggestion to resolve the conflict by making everyone stoned and happy.

Honestly, the lengths some people on here go to to deny the rampant anti semitism on display at these marches is ridiculous.

Yes it seems to be a far more important issue with some people than the murders of 20,000 children.

°°°°°

I never suggested you were anything.

I merely asked you to rationalise why shouting "fvck the jews" should be seen as acceptable.

You're the one making assumptions, and you say I've got some neck?

Glazers Out!

The director of south Lebanon's Marjayoun governmental hospital, Mouenes Kalakesh, told AFP that "an Israeli air strike targeted ambulances at the main entrance to the hospital", killing paramedics who were bringing wounded to the facility.

Look over there an anti-Semitic squirrel. ————————————————→»>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭combat14

after bombing yemen this evening biden says he would look for alternatives to bombing iran's facilities if he were in their place.....

this is not going down well at all in israel

must be some serious discussions going on behind the scenes ...

Post edited by combat14 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So not only was the 3rd Hezbollah leader in a week taken out, but the entire shura council that select the leader was ended, on top of that his brother, a serious contender for leader was dropped as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

What are our government going to do if our UN peacekeepers come under fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You need to step back from the PC now as you seem to lose all sense of perspective. The fact check was against your claim of 'gas the jews'

What usually happens is that they are replaced with someone even more ruthless who has to prove himself. Be careful what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

What a sick individual. Definitely no loss to the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So you will flat-out refuse to offer any opinion on what will happen if/when Iran get a Nuke.

Fascinating…

And here you were predicting the outcome of the current conflict and what would/would not happen if Israel/US go after Iran's Nuclear facilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It might have been mentioned already, but the US state department spokesman Matt Miller has demonstrated the dishonesty of the US peace efforts quite neatly.

A journalist picked him up on his comment that US was supporting israel in targeting terrorist infrastructure but not civilian infrastructure, noting that satellite imagery showed 66% of buildings in Gaza had been destroyed "Does the US believe 66% of Gaza's buildings are terrorist infrastructure?"

Miller responded "Absolutely not. Absolutely not. Which is why we have been engaged to try to reach a ceasefire to end that conflict, which is why we have been pushing for a ceasefire for months. And I wish that Hamas would come to the table and work with us on a ceasefire…Hamas has been absent for weeks, won't even respond to the mediators putting forward ideas, asking weather they would disagree to a ceasefire or not….The way out of this conflict is a ceasefire and it Hamas that is missing in action right now, that won't come to the table to talk about one."

Seems clear the lack of a ceasefire is all the fault of Hamas. Right? Except, Miller had just stated immediately previously:

"Ultimately we want to see a diplomatic resolution [to the israeli conflict]. "We've never wanted to…hold on. We've never wanted to see a diplomatic resolution with Hamas" This was delivered with a creepy smirk. The sort an idiot has when they think they've said something clever.

So on the one hand, Miller and the US cry crocodile tears about wanting a ceasefire but mean old Hamas wont co-operate. While just before that, Miller smirks that the US has no interest in a deal with Hamas.

If Hamas is not engaging with the US on a ceasefire deal its because they've correctly deduced that the US is completely false in its pretence about looking for a ceasefire. And lets face it, israel has already assassinated the lead Hamas negotiator for ceasefire. And by the account of Lebanese foreign minister, the israeli decision to assassinate the Hezbollah leader came just hours after they had agreed to the terms of a proposed 21 day ceasefire. So israel is deliberately targeting and killing the people who might agree to a ceasefire. And the US is supporting them doing so.

If you enter into negotiations with israel or the US, you're just painting a target on your back. No ceasefire deal will come from US efforts. israel is the aggressor, as always.

°°°°°

It's not for you to decide when anyone stops posting.

The fact check you're talking about stated that the group actually said something else which was also antagonistic towards Jewish people, which doesn't disprove the accusation of antisemitism, the fact that the same group were recorded shouting "fvck the jews" has been roundly ignored as well.

In saying this I'm supposedly acting as some sort of apologist for the state of Israel, I was arguing the point that Israel was overstepping the mark in Palestine years before the majority of people on this thread even had an opinion on it(or at least expressed it in boards) so I don't need to prove my credentials to anyone on that score.

I always dispised the accusations of being an antisemite for expressing those opinions so it really Fvcking pisses me off to see far left wingnuts not even bothering to conceal their contempt for Jewish people simply because it's now acceptable due to Israel's behaviour since the October 7th attacks.

Here's a newsflash for you, Israel is acting horribly and Hamas have been also acting horribly. I'm not picking a side just because it's now the thing to do. I don't want to see Palestinian children being killed, nor do I want to see Hamas butchering and raping Israelis.

Hamas knew the response would be catastrophic from Israel yet they chose to launch their attack last October regardless, neither players here are to be admired.

The outside world needs to be looking to broker peace not pick sides and treat this serious humanitarian situation like some twisted sports event.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I still have my iodine tablets it'll be grand!

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

If Iran gets a nuke, israel will probably stop its otherwise unending attempts to provoke a war with Iran. At least openly. So Iran getting nukes is probably a good thing for regional peace and stability.

Though who knows, we are dealing with religious zealots who believe their god has promised them dominion over the earth. The israelis I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭combat14

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Exactly, and well summed up.

Israel has bombed the main road out of Leb to Syria, through which people were fleeing. The message is clear.

And bombing rescue efforts to save those people trapped under buildings bombed by the same Israel.

How long can this farce continue, with Western leadership? Cannot those leaders see how they are undermining their own credibility and endangering the whole world order?

I can only recommend when folk should take a step back but hey ho. You accused that crowd in Australia (that you did not witness yourself) of chanting 'gas the jews' and now want to move the goalposts

Iran has shown incredible, near super-human levels of restraint to resist israeli provocations. I certainly think we can have more trust in Iran to be reasonable than israel when its israel that has been sponsoring terrorist groups in Iran, bombing Iranian embassies and assassinating Iranian figures and bombing Iran itself. Iran has by comparison been incredibly determined to avoid war. That is a bad look for israel to be seen as more aggressive and crazed than a regime led by mullahs, but that is something for israelis to ponder.

As it stands, the israeli/US press has constantly been printing stories for at least the last 20 years saying Iran is just weeks or months away from building nukes. For 20 years. By all logic, Iran has nukes already, undeclared, and it isn't firing them.

The Iranians don't need nukes to inflict terrible destruction on israel anyway. The recent missile strike by Iran involved roughly 200 missiles and it overwhelmed israeli defences. The US estimated 2 years ago that Iran had over 3,000 ballistic missiles. 2 years ago - they have more now.

israel is just the type of country that is constantly attacking all its neighbours (currently attacking Gaza, Lebanon, Yemen, Syria and Iran) while crying everyone hates them. The lack of self-awareness is almost impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,001 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Are the UN also spineless in not enforcing Resolutions against Israel?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

I took the information offered on board.

I looked it up and found that while they may not have said one thing they certainly weren't being complimentary about Jewish people.

In point of fact they were being openly antisemitic, which you chose to ignore.

So as opposed to moving the goal posts, I had a good look at them and whilst one element may have changed they remain firmly in the same place they were in to begin with.

I'm confused as to why I should be content to accept recommendations from someone who feigned confusion as to what constitutes antisemitism. It seems the deep rooted dislike of certain groups of people is as poorly concealed as should be expected from anyone given over to blind hatred.

Here's hoping we see an end to the violence in the middle east and people can see the error of their ways and discard their old prejudices once and for all.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Her time as UN high commissioner for human rights probably carries quite a lot of weight on this, but the Israelis are pretty hostile to the UN so it'll just get dismissed as anti-semitism.

The thing about Iranian politics is that only those politicians approved by the mullahs can run for office. The claims that an Iranian politician is "pro-western" has to be seen through that lens. It's a "pro-western" stance that has been reviewed and approved by the regime beforehand. At least its open and declared.

What is sometimes unclear is the exact same process is applied for "Western leadership". Only those politicians approved by the zionist lobby can run for office. If by some system error a normal person like Jeremy Corbyn slips through the net and gets into a political leadership position, the mullahs in "the West" clamp down. Hard. Corbyn wasn't just removed from the leadership of the UK Labour Party for being insufficiently fanatical in his support of israel. That was not enough for his pro-zionist enemies. They could have just left him on the fringes, powerless, but still part of the social club that he had given all his life to. Victors often extend mercy to the defeated, but not zionists. He was expelled from the party membership to rub in the humiliation and defeat. As a warning to anyone else who might seek to enter politics without being sufficiently pro-zionist. It is their party now. It is the party of Starmer

So, when you talk about "Western leadership", I don't think that exists anymore. There is no leadership which identifies "Western" interests and pursues them. Not in the US, not in Europe either. The extreme lengths politicians in the US and Europe go to debase and humiliate themselves for israeli interests makes more sense when it's understood you don't get elected in the west without being incredibly pro-zionist.

As I noted in an earlier post, even those "far-right" parties the media drums up as a terrible threat to the existing order in Europe are captured by pro-zionist idealogy. To paraphrase George Orwell, If you want a picture of the future, imagine a zionist boot stamping on a human face - for ever.

They certainly won't like it and it is yet another important voice calling them out and it will carry some weight around the globe. They have very few friends left except the US and they are only using them.

The term 'antisemitism' means feck all nowadays and people that continue to use it are pursuing their own agenda. It is best to post what you really mean than use that discredited term

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Excellent post, and a lot to consider. Thank you @Sand

EDIT: Although I do think that Corbyn's model of socialism was enough to rattle the establishment. "A very British coup" comes to mind. And the anti-semitic slur merely a tool, but perhaps there's more to that too.

°°°°°

It means a irrational hatred of Jewish people.

The fact that so many people are conflating all Jews with the Israeli government is playing into this.

I'm literally hearing people openly talk about their hatred of Jews nowadays and it's deeply worrying.

They're as much responsible for the actions of Israel as the majority of Irish people were for the actions of the IRA a generation ago.

You might not see the connection but it is most certainly there and when a group of people are openly being discriminated against I'm not going to accept any feigned misunderstanding of the concepts surrounding it as an excuse.

We're on a slippery slope with this and while Israel deserves it's criticism we need to get a handle on the growing acceptable nature of what is becoming casual antisemitism.

If you think that's an agenda not worth pursuing, perhaps you're not being entirely honest about your own feelings towards Jews.

Glazers Out!

And the Germans. They sell a lot of arms to them and also are trying to atone for the holocaust.

Well, to be clear I'd disagree with Corbyn on a lot of things. We're not fellow travellers or allies. Though I dont think his model of socialism will be seen as all that radical in 10-20 years. Again, without diverging too far off topic, "the West" is struggling with how Russia is outproducing it for military arms (state owned industry) and China is outproducing it for electrical vehicles (state owned industry). So Corbyn's brand of socialism might be seen as mild if "the West" chooses to end the 1990s economic logic and go back to what works in practise.

That said, it took an immense amount of cynicism or hatred to expel Corbyn from the Labour Party, which he joined as a teenager. Surely, the victors, secure in their power could have been generous enough to give him a pass on the basis of past service. He was effectively ostracised, no threat. Why rub it in? If anything, their mercy could serve to demonstrate their power. They could afford to have him in the tent, grumpy, but in it. So why go for the scorched earth - total war option of expelling a guy from the UK labour party who was essentially defined by his dedication to the UK labour party and its ideals?

Its for the same reason 66% of buildings in Gaza have been destroyed. Hatred.

I do not think I have seen a post on this board that reflects 'It means a irrational hatred of Jewish people', have you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement