Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Water new connections

• 28-09-2024 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3

I've recently received planning permission for a new mews house in Dublin. During the planning application process my architect did not engage Irish Water in the process but did show a foul water connection in the adjacent laneway on the planning drawings however at the same time he told me (verbally) that we would be connecting through the foul water line of the main house. I have recently discovered that there is no foul water line running along this laneway. Now my engineer is telling me that it's unlikely that Irish Water will allow me to connect waste water through the existing Foul water line of the main house. I've done some research and pulled some of the planing files of the previous mews developments in the laneway and they all have connected to the foul water line through their respective main house's existing foul lines. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any experience with this? Ive been told that Irish Waters decision is final on this and I am now worried because the nearest sewer connection (if not going through he main house) is a huge distance away and form what I've heard Irish waters fees for connection works are astronomical.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yup each new house requires its own connection to the main. They don't allow shared private drains anymore. The architect should have known better, but it should also have been picked up during planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 sullystreets

just wondering T-maxx, do you know when this came into law??

I suppose when IW came into law, 10 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 sullystreets

I've seen cases where they've allowed connection into private systems that then discharging into the public system that were planing approved in '20 and '21. The developer built a new manhole from the new mews house before it connected to the existing sewer of the main house.. So I guess they are still allowing it.. but thanks for your comment anyway.

It's set out in their Code of Practice but I guess there are situations where it's simply not feasible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement