Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heartfelt dilemma in 21st century

• 29-09-2024 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Disclaimer: first of all i would you to know that i used good translation tool before i post this here, but it effectively keeping meaning of what i want to tell, just for your comfortable reading experience. My own grammar level and ability to use English is pour as you can find in this intro.

A year ago, I met a very interesting lady.

We are quite different. She is very attractive, infinitely beautiful, unusually interesting, and well-mannered, and that’s about all I know about her so far. Due to my limited English and Gaelic skills, I couldn’t start a proper conversation with her right away. I won’t even mention how my mind seems to go blank whenever I see her.

As a Muslim by birth, I understand that our backgrounds, education, and worldviews might be different. But despite that, my heart and soul can’t seem to let go of the thoughts I have about her.

Last week, I visited the place where we first met and finally had a brief conversation: She said, 'Hello, how are you?' I replied, 'All good, thank you. What about you?' She responded, 'Not too bad.'

But after that, I couldn’t keep the conversation going—I just froze and forgot most of the English I know. Honestly, I’ve never really had a relationship before. My only experience was in early secondary school, and it was mostly just messaging on social media, not real-life interactions.

Now, I’ve grown and understand more about proper social behavior. In my culture, I should ask her father's permission to speak with her, as he is her mahram. However, someone told me she might be offended if I approach her parents before speaking to her directly.

But that’s what I feel obligated to do, otherwise, it could be considered inappropriate according to my beliefs.

Another thing that worries me is that I’m not wealthy at the moment. I’m working hard to get a good education and improve my knowledge, which I hope will help me build a better future. I have clear goals—like building my own home hopefully, both in my hometown and in Ireland. But I know it’s not easy, especially with the high costs of living here. That said, I don’t want to leave Ireland, and I find her truly special.

I’ve lived in former Muslim lands, so even though the culture and heritage of my hometown are very different from Ireland’s, I do plan to visit occasionally because most of my family still lives there.

Anyway, I’ve poured my thoughts out here, but the main question remains: do I even stand a chance to connect with this lady before she meets a nice Irish guy and marries him?

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Answers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Closed pending mod review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement