Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

electric radiator suggestions

• 01-10-2024 7:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭

Convwrted a garage a few years ago to a granny flat.

At the time got it wired for electric rads and put in a wood burning stove.

Wondering if anyone could recommend an electric radiator that has a thermostat that will automatically kick in the rad if temp too low. Also be handy if the rads had some type of app that means I could remotely turn them on.

Main room is 6m*7m

Two rooms upstairs are m5*3m

Any suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭micks_address

might be worth looking at a storage heater if you have a night time tarrif? you can charge it up cheaply and let it heat during the day.. or possibly look at infrared panels? ive a 400 watt one in my office under the desk and it gives off a nice heat.. its different though that a radiator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭buzz11

I've had dimplex and ATC both pretty rubbish, display too small, buttons too small

Rionte are really good, some models have built in wifi and the app is pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭conor_mc

For a small living space, I would seriously consider an air-to-air heat pump. You can get a multi-split from one outdoor fab unit to 2 or 3 indoor units. No need to remotely manage anything, just set the desired temp and let it do its thing!

Advertisement