Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Bad Blood 2024 *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,155 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jimmy's back

Holy ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Guessing this all ends up at Wargames;

Solo, Fatu, Tama Tonga, Tonga Loa, and The Final Boss, VS Roman, Jimmy, Jey, Cody, and The Honorary Uce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Also, Liv so good in the post-event presser here.

Guessing The Rocks filming schedule must be light till after Mania

Maybe that UFC biopic needs the publicity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Cotts72

100% going to war games , I'd certainly hope Cody is done with the bloodline now and can focus on a proper feud with randy...

As for the last member of team Reigns I'd imagine it could be someone like hikuleo (unless the nxt rumours are true) or someone like zilla Fatu

I can see Rock beating Cody and something like Rock v Reigns v Cody at mania for the title

KO has turned on Cody

Triple H likes his stuff to be 'real' and playing the 'social media' game (ref not intended) to a tee

Punk and Drew must be sickened to have their banger of a match moved from main event to the opener just to allow Dwayne walk out for 2mins, do nothing and feck off

Hopefully he can revive his acting career and stop making the bloodline story about himself

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe KO's last feud before his contract is up? Although I'd still be shocked if he doesn't re-sign with WWE tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cena probably gonna be dropped into all of this somewhere sometime somehow.

Probably considering he got rock bottomed by him at Mania...maybe he'll get a title match but screwed over by the bloodline

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I had no real problem with it opening, match of the night easily. Punk always had it in him, and demonstrated it plenty of times in AEW, he just had an horrific time with weird and bizarre injuries.

Outside of that there wasn't much to write home about. I generally felt Nia was much improved since her return but she was woeful last night. There was one spot in particular where Bayley was punching her on the ground outside the ring, and Nia just randomly got up, didn't sell and got back in the ring. Bayley looked frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭ThePott

I thought it was a decent PPV on the whole. With some letdowns and bad results though.

Already said my thoughts on the HIAC match, definitely think it should have main evented but understand why it didn't. Match of the night with ease.

Nia/Bayley was alright but also a bit of a mess. I'm in agreement here, I think Nia has been good since her return but this wasn't her best showing. They need to freshen up the women's title scene in Smackdown, it feels like it's been Bayley/Naomi/Tiffany/Nia back and forth for ages.

Finn/Priest was good overall. Having Finn do all the coup de graces and then losing though was disappointing. The Judgement Day keep getting squandered and it ruins them as a threat, they could have been something and they keep having them do the job when it matters.

Rhea/Liv was okay until the end. Dom got most of the heat, him falling from the cage was great and unexpected. The ending was too busy and there was a botch somewhere. Guessing Raquel was meant to cost Rhea the match but be unseen by the ref but someone messed up and it had to be DQed. Bit of a shambles. Hard to care about Raquel either, she does nothing other than be tall, smiley and show off her back.

Main event felt big, even though band was a bit shite. I think Solo has improved but I couldn't help but think how awesome the original bloodline would have been with Jacob Fatu instead of him during this match. Was expecting the Rock so much forgot about Jimmy. I would have been okay with the Bloodline winning here. The Rock showing up was good to further the story but he did nothing and based on his social media videos, I'm not sure does he know whether he's heel or face. Feel like this was the moment to show he has been pulling the strings of the new Bloodline or something. Interested in the story though.

I think as a PPV it set up some great storylines and that was it's greatest strength but the matches didn't always deliver. KO turning on Cody and having it been fan videos and on social media, is awesome too btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88,148 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did lol at Nia's Undertaker rise when Tiffy was going to cash in, she really is over, I'd like a few teases of a cash in on Liv but of course ultimately it will be her vs. her Queen Nia

Raquel got no reaction, is she now part of TJD, it seems Damien is done with Finn and TJD and also his Terror Twin Rhea, what next for him, chase Gunther for the title?

I am enjoying Gunther on the mic and if Goldberg is fed to him in a squash 2 minute match so be it

I feel Roman is naked without Heyman, OTC needs his Wiseman

I'd prefer Roman vs. The Rock one on one without Cody

Me thinks he'll be 'suspended' and will return at 'Crown Jewel' costing Cody in that 'Secret War Crown Title' thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There's a lot of criticism online towards Triple H being asked about black representation ìn the post press conference.

I don't necessarily agree with the criticism, but when you see something like Nia vs Bayley again, there's no reason he couldn't have changed it up with a triple threat including Naomi. She's already involved in the feud.

Outside of that he's pushing Xavier Woods and Jey Uso, maybe you can spin that into it should have been on the PLE instead of Raw, but I look at it as Triple H making Raw just as important to tune into as the PLEs. Leaving Gunther and Sami off the PLE is another example of spacing out big matches to weekly television and there's nothing wrong with it.

Personally I feel there's a whiff of disingenuous with these criticisms in the main, but there's definitely room for improvement.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It'll be fine once they stop the nonsense of leaving Bianca and Jade with the pointless women's tag belts and put them in the main event scene instead of boring Bayley.

Carmelo is also getting fairly significant rubs from big stars since his call up. Outside of that there's no compelling case for someone of colour to be in a PLE match at present.

And you also have to somehow ignore Oba and Trick on NXT to make a big deal about it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,053 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking at the picture of the staples in Drews head that was one nasty unprotected head shot he took from the tool box.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Saw it mentioned that the ppv only had like 1hr.50mins of wrestling, think that was similar to when I went to mitb during the summer. They really should be increasing that imo especially for a ppv

Esp with the ticket cost particularly the 'International PLEs'

Always wonder if Vince was still around would there be as many 'International PLEs' outside of the bloody money in Saudi

• Advertisement
Advertisement