Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alarm with camera

• 07-10-2024 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Is there an alarm system where there is an outdoor camera installed and I can view footage from it on my phone (like my ring doorbell). My ring doorbell is great but it only records motion in a small area around my door. Would like something that would record motion all around the front of my house (it's not huge). Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭meercat

ring do outside cameras too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

I have a doorbell and three cameras around my house all connected to a hub. I get all my notifications on my iPhone whenever someone comes around. The doorbell rings and I get the bell sound which is great when I’m in my garage/studio in back of the house. Great to pick up parcels before someone else does.

my system is by Eufy, and is pretty good, and solar powered for each unit. I need to unlatch and charge the battery for the doorbell on the hub because the front porch hides the sunlight more than on the cameras, but it is easy to do and plan for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭altor

You are never going to cover every area unless you do an over kill with cameras, not feasible in most cases.

If you had a CCTV hard wired in then you would have 24/7 recording as apposed to just motion and also have the remote access to it.

Advertisement