Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunlight and Daylight Access Analysis Q's

• 12-10-2024 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm just looking at a hand drawn dalylight analysis for site behind.

The existing boundary wall @ 2m high seems to throw a decent chunk of shadow on garden and structure.

The proposed dwelling will only be 2.5m from the boundary wall and at a height of 6m yet very little impact shown in drawing.

How much do such drawings cost and does this roughly look accurate?

Please excuse retractions.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

not sure why that would be acceptable to the local authority.

choosing one particular day at (i assume) midday is not a detailed sun and shadow analysis in my opinion.

for example this is typically what i produce for a similar request from a local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Perks

LA didn't ask for the data, it was volunteered in original submission.

Good point re one particular day.

thanks for sharing another standard LA would be seeing.

Advertisement