Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low voltage thermostat question

• 15-10-2024 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm trying to sort out my thermostat situation. I had a my gas boiler replaced a few weeks ago and after it was completed they said there was a problem with my thermostats and that it would be 1200e to replace them to the hive system. I had a look around and Bord Gais were installing them for 418e. They were due to call today but the installer rang and said that he was familiar with the houses in my estate and said that the Hive wasn't compatible as the thermostats in my house are low voltage and the Hive wouldn't work on this system. From what I have read online Hive is compatible for low voltage so I'm confused. He said the wires between the thermostat and the mechanical valves would need to be rewired. The plumber who quoted 1200 did not mention rewiring. Would anyone know of a thermostat that I could use that would take care of 2 zones and a hot water control? Boiler is a Glow worm and the previous thermostats were Sunvic.

Advertisement