Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink of choice(over 18's only ;) )

• 29-11-2004 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

SO whats everyone's drink of choice for a proper nite of solid drink'n getting well hammered....

mine would have to be cheap white wine if i'm really broke,
    other than that u can't beat a good whiskey n coke/red....hyper n hammered talking ****e, always fun :D (o and the sheep chasing too..... )

Comments

Guinness! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

If i'm broke, 89c a can st bernard lager.. Great it's flavourless, like a lite beer.

If I have a bit of money it's bavaria or tuborg or something from LIDL

If I have a bit more money, then I'll swank my way up to talbot st and get a load of foreign beer (duvel, staropramen, chimay etc.)

If I'm absolutely raked with spondulics then I'm sorry, large bottles of wkd, bacardi orange and smirnoff ice. Mixed together and you know it has to be a fat frog nite.

I don't get drunk in pubs, but when there it's stout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

hrmmm fat frogs...dangerous yokes....way too much fun :p

Ahh i'm hang'n and teach'n some class r another :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm a simple man, on a night out of drinking it'll be Carlsberg. On a gentle night out involving a meal it'll be wine. On a night in the DURNS room it'll be cheap piss like Biere de France, classy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Carlsberg for me. Im also quite partial to a southern comfort and red. Its expensive though. Double vodka and red bull is easy to drink, thats pretty nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 moonser

it has to be a double (possibly a tripple) Boru vodka and red bull.
    it is really expensive but it is sooo worth it and it gets you sooo hammered soooo quickly :eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D:D :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hrmmm - split between pints of heineken (in a cold pint glass, yes i am that picky, but theres nothing quite like a good ole' ice cold pint.)

then the occasional single/double (depending on cash) Jameson with orange or, as shane and myself discovered, club lemon. nyom.

then if i'm somewhere swanky, its long island ice teas all the way, but only if they're mixed well. a bad long island ice tea is just ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

If I'm drinking in DURNS/non-licensed premises, it's cheap cider like Druids or cheap piss like Biere de France. If I'm out in a pub/gig, or god forbid, a club, it's cider to start off with and then onto the bitch drinks (fat frogs, smirnoff ice etc). I don't much go for cocktails unless at a special cocktail bar, in which case it's those tropical fruit ones. ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll drink anything.... to be quite honest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

well i drink cans of bavaria in the pav or, if im feeling moneybaggsy i get bottles of kopperberg. for those of you that havent drank this wonderful cider, its sweet, its swedish and it comes as pear or apple. its lovely.

if im in a pub i drink smithwicks. occasionaly guinness. in clubs, i drink my naggin. have a few pints. grand job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I love red wine and if that's not available I usually try force down Carlsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conall

In my youth, I was known for experimenting with all sorts of potent concoctions one might consider to be cocktails and various cheap beers.

Nowadays, I drink Miller if on a budget, Erdinger if I'm not broke or Cointreau on the rocks if I want something stronger (I don't really like many spirits anymore and Vodka Martinis have lost their charm unfortunately...)

Yes, probably a lot more sophisticated than most of you, but I value my taste buds nowadays... ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stonehouse. It doesn't taste too bad after one or two, but its the only one I can drink with a bad stomach without getting a bad case of an acidic stomach :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Guinness! No competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Smithwicks.
    Goes down a hell of a lot easier than guinness does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Guinness

Jagermeister and Lime!!!! Yummy, tastes like cola bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Guinness ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

vodka or bacardi and coke, bacardi breezers are nice too (just like drinking club orange!), oh and also white wine, oh and west coast coolers are gorgeous..but im in the pav or something then well theres always bavaria...kinda depends if its a bar, club or gig.. :D

(uh im kinda indecisive, hence theres no way in hell i can choose just one!!)

Lol i was kidding bout the guinness like!!

I'm the same canvas, I love bacardi breezers, but theyre too easy to drink, its so bad!

I can't drink beer at all like, so bavaria is definitely out!

I'm really a fan of most spirits with high %'s of alco...tho damn did that southy go down nicely tonite......mmmm....southy.... :)

• Advertisement

not a fan of high percentages? but alco pops are like 5.5%/6%....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭e38418

martini-cheap but tasty
    alcopops of any kind-mmm sugar
    any shots bar red aftershock(bad experience!)

or if theres none of them anything with a %! (and my friends call me an alco?) :D

alco... lol are you ever NOT hungover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

guiness and or alcopops

Tried bulmers for the first time tonight. I was shocked by the extremely orange color and the stuff tastes like club orange, don't know what to think

Tried bulmers for the first time tonight. I was shocked by the extremely orange color and the stuff tastes like club orange, don't know what to think
    Ahh, you crazy TPers, you're so sheltered. :D

I think I'll stick to my wine

You drink wine with food. In a pub situation it's classed as a bitch drink, up there with Tia Maria. Plus, it stains your teeth (if it's red wine). Drink like a MAN, damnit!

Pet wrote:
    You drink wine with food. In a pub situation it's classed as a bitch drink, up there with Tia Maria. Plus, it stains your teeth (if it's red wine). Drink like a MAN, damnit!
    i hate to agree with pet n all, but wine in a pub? like bottle of wine or 2 at a house party is grand, but in a pub ? Stupid red wine makes me sleepy tho :/

whiskey tho......oooo hyper drunk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Lol whiskey just makes me sick drunk. Then again I usually have it after a considerable amount of pints, which is probably not a great idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement