Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink of choice(over 18's only ;) )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Chick wrote:
    Strictly in the medical sense :rolleyes: jesus you really have to watch your words around here what with you pair ready to jump to conclusions
    Something tells me you're not having a good day.

Well suck it up, cos I ain't either, and you don't see me eyerolling like a cow with hypoxia now do you!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

I am having a good day lol that's the ironic thing! Exam in goldsmith went fab 2day, and only 1 more 2moro :)

Hey I like eye-rolling!

Hypoxia... Don't think so lol. Go back to your online medical dictionary, you can come up with something better than that methinks

What's wrong with hypoxia? And that came straight out of my useless terms reservoir, not an online medical dictionary. I'm better than that. ;):p

Pet wrote:
    What's wrong with hypoxia? And that came straight out of my useless terms reservoir, not an online medical dictionary. I'm better than that. ;):p

Ok well what type of hypoxia then? ;)

Generalised (bovine) hypoxia. :D

• Advertisement

bovine hypoxia? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Chick wrote:
    Hypoxia... Don't think so lol. Go back to your online medical dictionary, you can come up with something better than that methinks

Nurses don't have the monopoly on medical terms, us science folk do tend to do SOME* biology related to medicine. And regular watchings of ER and Casualty add to the list.

*by SOME I mean a lot.

John2 wrote:
    Nurses don't have the monopoly on medical terms, us science folk do tend to do SOME* biology related to medicine. And regular watchings of ER and Casualty add to the list.
    *by SOME I mean a lot.

I never claimed we have the monopoly...?

It's cool when you actually understand stuff in ER :D

Chick wrote:
    It's cool when you actually understand stuff in ER :D

I know! I always feel all knowledgable. Same with CSI, I have a race with the character on screen to explain it to the rest of the people watching. I'm such a geek :(

John2 wrote:
    I know! I always feel all knowledgable. Same with CSI, I have a race with the character on screen to explain it to the rest of the people watching. I'm such a geek :(
    How is it that you do medical stuff in neuroscience? Like I'm sure there's NERVE stuff, but like muscles and blood and such? And forensic science? :confused:

• Advertisement

how do I do medical stuff in neuroscience? we do loads of lectures with the meds (next term I get to play with human brains. did I say play, I meant study hands on). You can't study the brain without going into diseases that affect it. And as for forensics, you pick it up during the first two years of science.

playing with brains... not sure I'd trust you....:eek:

I'm a very capable and responsible person at heart

Just not in practice

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

at present i'm drinking heineken out of a heineken glass, i feel so "Ross' O Carrol Kelly" like....

Lol you feel like ross cos you're drinking a pint of Heino?! Oh come you need a bit more than that now, there's more to ross than Ken lol

I have those mini cans of Carlsberg, I feel like a giant. A giant alcholic. Fee, fie, foe, fum.

Or should I see fee, fie, foe, rum?

rum? hilarious(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

pint of guinness/strawberry daquiri/miller for me!though i hate getting pints in plastic glasses(like in the redbox) where you know its pribably not a proper pint.

i thought all pints in redbox were 3euro(last year) but i got charged 4.60 for pint of miller,how could pints go up that much in a year?!

• Advertisement

Fairly sure that was just a promotion or sorts - pints of heinekin (or miller i think) 3 euro, double vodka* & red bull

*Vodka may be a double, but not of a normal shot. Also, I had a sup of the vodka before I threw in the red bull - was NOT 35% or 40% or whatever Smirnoff normally is. Tasted more around 20% or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

thats very cheap for double vodka and red bull! my friend paid about 6euro for that the other night, but you can pay anything for it in dublin depending on where you go.

Chick wrote:
    Lol you feel like ross cos you're drinking a pint of Heino?! Oh come you need a bit more than that now, there's more to ross than Ken lol
    lets see, i drink "heino", i live in killiney, i went to school in dublin, i was on the Dort today,what more you asking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Can't believe no-one mentioned:

1. distilled meths run through a mass-spectrometer (check ethanol purity)

2. free-beer in Phil and Hist.

Guess these are all gone now :eek:

Anyhow, when I were a lad we were so poor, we lived in a paper bag in a sceptic tank and my old man used to thrash us to sleep with his belt... but I don't expect you young folk to believe that :D

lets see, i drink "heino", i live in killiney, i went to school in dublin, i was on the Dort today,what more you asking for?

The attitiude? :rolleyes:

Whoops, sorry meant to say was 6.50 for double vodka & red bull. My bad.
    i went to school in dublin

K I get the other stereotypes but huh?

Yeah I dont really get that either, did you mean to say southside dublin or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

meh i agree, all u dub's smell.

what i ment to say was, i went to school in Dublin 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

this one of those, proud to be a d4 head things?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement