Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real-Time Systems project idea!

Options
  • 29-11-2004 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have to come up with a project idea for a real-time embedded system software for a simple building management system problem.We're not allowed use fire/security alarm. I was going to do a heating or lighting management system but everyones doing it. The elevator idea is also gone. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    The system must contain at least 2 modes: manual/operator mode and automatic mode...
    Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

How about the Bill Gates home concept? Apparently when you arrive at his home, you are given an identifier pin which causes every room you enter to adjust to your preferences (temperature, music, lighting, what's showing on the 300 inch plasma screens etc). The system would have to work out conflicts in automatic mode based on some hierarchy (e.g. two VPs with similar tastes outweigh a VP with conflicting taste, Bill's preferences override everyone elses - except Melinda's etc etc). You could have some fun with it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

You could do a bandwith allocater quite easily. Say there's 50 rooms (1 PC per room) you've got a 100Mbps connection for the building. When there's only one person online they get the full bandwith but it's shared out equally between everyone when more people come online.
    The manual mode could allocate bandwith according to operator input.

Shouldn't be too hard.

I like Stugots idea though!

Advertisement