Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperlink with search in .rtf files

Options
  • 29-11-2004 12:32pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is something I'm playing around with. There are probably better ways to do it, with vBasic objects and so forth, so if there's an obviously better alternative, I'm open to suggestion.

What I have are a series of large RTF files and a corresponding series of error files (also RTF). When I open the error file it gives me info along the lines of:
    broken tag in segment: "there follows a lengthy text segment which is the part of the larger RTF that contains the error in question".
    For each error in the error file, I have to highlight some or all of the text, switch to the corresponding main RTF file and search for this text, fix the error in it and go on to the next error.
    In order to speed this up, I'd like to add a hyperlink (or other object) after each error message which will open up the main RTF and highlight the text segment with the error. Is there some way of generating a hyperlink with a search in it?

If this is not clear, I'll try give an example.
    Two files, foo.rtf and foo_error.rtf
    When I open foo_error.rtf I get a list of the errors contained in foo.rtf:
    1: broken tag in Here is the string with the <b>broken/> tag
    2: missing quote in "That is true, he answered

I want to be able to click on something at the end of line 1 in foo_error.rtf that will open foo.rtf at the segment containing Here is the string with the <b>broken/> tag

Hope that's clear.

Advertisement