Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life 2 or CS: Source Scene Contest?

• 29-11-2004 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just an idea Anima came up with.. a weekly contest to create the best scene (from a set theme announced each contest) you can in CS:S or HL2. The creating of just a scene would be easier to do than a whole map, being that you only need to work on enough area to fill a screenshot :)

Its jsut an idea at the moment, the scenes would be judged on the basis of ONE screenshot per person per attempt.

You could enter as many scenes as you like, but only ONE screenshot per map. If there's enough interest, (i.e more than 3-4 people) we could see about the possibilty of starting this weeklong contest going as soon as the full SDK comes out. Maybe two contests a month if time would permit.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah I'd love if we had something like this. Count me in. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

If I'm understanding this right... it would be an ingame screenshot of an area of map you've made based on theme-x?
    Sounds interesting.
    What's the prize? :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

narf sounds good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah, it'd just be a screenshot based on a theme which would be announced alongside the start date.. no one would know it beforehand, so they couldn't have an unfair advantage..

I'll judge them :) [EDIT] Idea: Or have a different regular from the contests to judge them each time? Person who judges won't be allowed enter btw :)

Prizes eh? I'm sure the respect and admiration would be enough :)
    The idea of this would be that it's something to do in your spare time if your bored, hence the whole week allowed for the contest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds cool. I wonder if I can get a few volunteers/lab rats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement