Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Irish ADSL solutions, which one is the cheapest?

• 29-11-2004 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

My PC in ireland is currently setup on Netsource but is hardly getting any use, I want to keep it connected so my granddad can check his emails and browse when he wants to, I was wondering if there is any cheaper solutions about now as I havent looked in 6 months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Check to see if NTL is available in your granddads area. They have a 300kbps option for 25 euros a month which would be fine for surfing the web and checking/sending emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Cheers I'll look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Cheapest DSL is UTV for €29.99 a month. Netsource will charge c.€100 for exiting the contract !

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Muck wrote:
    Cheapest DSL is UTV for €29.99 a month. Netsource will charge c.€100 for exiting the contract !

M

I've gone beyond my 12 month contract now so it shouldnt.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

El_MUERkO wrote:
    My PC in ireland is currently setup on Netsource but is hardly getting any use, I want to keep it connected so my granddad can check his emails and browse when he wants to, I was wondering if there is any cheaper solutions about now as I havent looked in 6 months.

Do you really need broadband for this? Surely dial up would be the answer no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement