Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smilies too

Options
  • 29-11-2004 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with my smilies as well....everytime i try to put one at the end of a sentence.....they go to the end of entire post. So, say i want go back and put a smilie here-> but then write on a bit, the smilie will end up below somewhere

:D

Any ideas what's causing this/solutions? I end up just cutting and pasting the smiles to where i want them.... :(

Think it's only happening since i started using Firefox....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It would appear the placement Javascript doesn't track the cursors curent caret position, and defaults to putting it at the end. Nothing that can be changed by anyone without admin access.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

It would appear the placement Javascript doesn't track the cursors curent caret position, and defaults to putting it at the end. Nothing that can be changed by anyone without admin access.

Cheers...just lots of little anomalies using firefox which i'm trying to pick up on....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

think that happens in IE.. Just type them in. :)

Hobbes wrote:
    think that happens in IE.. Just type them in. :)

Yeah...i'm probably just to used to being spoonfed:)...but tbh, until i hit one of the smilie buttons, i'm not 100% sure of the characters that make up each smilie...especially these ones :confused: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well :eek: is made by doing a colon, then typing the letters e, e and k followed by another colon

:eek:

And mine are working fine now, apart from having the same prob as you are having.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    Well :eek: is made by doing a colon, then typing the letters e, e and k followed by another colon

:eek:

And mine are working fine now, apart from having the same prob as you are having.

lol....oh i can see that when i click on the button....just one of those mental block things where it's dead simple but i can't for the life of ever remember them :eek: ;)

Advertisement