Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry to meet with Milan?

• 29-11-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Heard on sky at lunch that Harry Redknapp and Milan Mandaric are to hold a press conference tommorow. One would wonder maybe they have resolved their differences alongwith Zajec's role. Although the probable reason is that they are discuss the weekend tabloid stories.

All seems a little weird.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Thought from the title that it was AC or Inter!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ah you see thats the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He's hardly going to go back on his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Its very cagey, he can hardly go back on his decision but maybe Milan has offered more money and lessened the role of Zajec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

seansouth wrote:
    He's hardly going to go back on his position.
    Gordan Strachan said on Fooball Focus that Harry may be regretting his decision already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Just found this:
    Harry Redknapp has explained why he has called a press conference with Milan Mandaric on Tuesday.

The former Portsmouth boss is angry and upset at comments attributed to the South Coast club's owner in the press over the weekend.

It had been intimated that Mandaric was unhappy with some of the amount of cash being paid to agents and Redknapp is fuming with the allegation.

"I've been better," he told Sky Sports News. "It's not been a great weekend if I must be honest.

"I'm just disappointed. I left after two-and-a-half years. I've done a fantastic job there but suddenly I read all this nonsense at the weekend.

"What I've done is have a press conference and I want Milan to be there. I want everything to be in the open. Let's see what he has got to say tomorrow and let's get it all done. He came out and then rang me up and denied he's said all that. He says he's been stitched up so let's give him a chance to answer that.

"I've done nothing but good for the club. Let the cameras be there and we'll see what Milan has to say. I'm not going for a slagging match. It's up to Milan. He wasn't at the press conference last week so let's see what he has got to say.

"I don't get involved in transfers in any way, shape or form. I think you'll find the figures don't come anywhere near that [the reported £3 million in agents' fees] but if they did, I don't know why or where. Peter Storrie and the chairman do all the transfers between them.

"I want every transfer since I've been at the club brought into the open so everything can be there and there's no hiding place for anybody. Bring it all out into the open."

Redknapp has already spoken to Mandaric but he wants the record set straight before moving on with his managerial career.

"He rang me on Saturday morning and said: 'Harry, I can't believe what they have done to me. I've not said what's in the papers, it's not true'.

"What I'm saying is let's have a conference, bring it out into the open and go from there. I want the thing sorted as I am one million percent sure it's not a problem for me.

"We can't keep doing bits in the papers. Let's bring it all out and let's see it on Sky.

"I'm not going to get into a slagging match, not at all. I want Milan to put his side of the story across.

"He's going to come out because he feels set up by what is going on. If there's anything to show, let's show it all. It's not a problem to me; let's get it all sorted and move on."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Sky are showing the press conference live on PPV ;)

'Rumble In The Jungle' had nothing on 'Scuffle On The Southcoast'

any news on what happened here yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

rebel72 wrote:
    any news on what happened here yet?
    google

eirebhoy wrote:

Thanks but work webmarshal is blocking it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

From bbc.co.uk/sport - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/4052223.stm
    Mandaric clears Redknapp dealings

Mandaric reveals agents' fees
    Milan Mandaric's statement
    Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric absolved former boss Harry Redknapp of any wrongdoing in his transfer deals.
    At a specially-convened news conference Mandaric clarified his revelation that £3m had been paid to agents during Redknapp's reign.

Mandaric said: "At no time did I imply there was any wrongdoing, I was simply saying that agents take too much money from the game.

"All transactions and fees have been registered with the FA."

Mandaric's revelation to a newspaper of the monies paid to agents clearly upset Redknapp, who resigned as Portsmouth boss last week.

But in absolving his former manager of any blame in the transactions, Mandaric called for Premiership chairmen to act to curb the power of agents.

Mandaric stated: "Harry was never involved in, at any time, any transfer or contract negotiation throughout his career at the club.

All fees are detailed in the club's accounts and they have been audited by the club's accountants

Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric: "Along with my other Premier League chairmen I want to to reduce agents' influence in all club finances."

In a prepared statement, Mandaric outlined that during Redknapp's reign the club had paid out £11.5m in transfer fees, loan fees and appearance payments in respect of 25 players.

They also brought in 16 free transfers and three short-term loan players - and could still have to pay out a further £3.5m, depending on appearances and retaining their Premiership status.

During the same period, Pompey received £5.1m from sales, giving a net £10m on their transfer account.

Mandaric also said that Portsmouth had used a total of 31 different agents in deals involving 38 players - at a cost of £3.4m in fees.

The Pompey chairman said: "In line with most clubs, Harry selected the players he wished to bring to the club and that determined the agent.

"My chief executive Peter Storrie, along with my help, negotiated the fees along with the contracts and fees and I approved every transaction.

The air has been cleared and as far as I'm concerned it's the end of the matter

Former Pompey boss Harry Redknapp: "All fees are detailed in the club's accounts and they have been audited by the club's accountants."

Redknapp revealed: "I felt it was important to come along and clear up what was going on.

"When I saw that in the papers on Saturday morning I've never felt so shocked and disgusted in my life.

"The club has used 31 different agents and I have never dealt with any of them. I couldn't even tell you what wages the players earn at this club."

Redknapp also underlined his role in transfer dealings.

"I found the players and talked to them to see if they wanted to come and play for me. After that, it was the end of it and up to someone else to sort it out.

"When you look at my record of getting us into the Premiership and keeping us there for £10m that speaks for itself.

"I didn't deserve all those headlines, I didn't deserve any of that.

"But now the air has been cleared and as far as I'm concerned it's the end of the matter."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Portsmouth were hammered by Watford 3-0 tonight. Maybe Milan shouldn't have been so quick to force Redknapp out :eek:

Advertisement