Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling IOL.....Advice needed

Options
  • 29-11-2004 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

apolgies if this has been already posted. Search wont look for IOL for me!

I have to cancel my IOL at home, however, they mentioned there is a 100euro cancellation free if done before the end of the 12 month contract.

I dont recall this being mentioned in the T&C's, did I overlook somtihing here, or do I have no choice but to cancel and fork out the money. I am already out of the house and need to get this wrapped up?

I still have the original modem and all that jazz (neven bloods used it anyway!)

And help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

At the very least you will have to pay the remaining months that are left of the 12 month contract. Assuming €100 is less, then you are probably best off paying it. If it is more, pay the remainder and be done with it.

I cancelled recently (well after 12 months were up) and was charged nothing (except 2 months more rental for which they appologised and promissed to pay back). They never asked for the modem back either (which I also have never used).

Searching for IOL cancelling on here is hard work, I remember that. But if you are persistent there is some useful info in other threads for who to mail when their CSRs ignore you. I think just search for cancelling/cancel and look for the IOL threads yourself.

Advertisement