Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made my tv go POP! and break?

Options
  • 29-11-2004 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Turned on my t.v. (28" Beko)the other night and it went fizzz-POP and died. Now it wont turn on at all, it keeps making a ticking sound and doesnt trun on.
    Any idea whats gone on it? Could it just be a solenoid switch or is the cathode fooked?? Is it anything i could repair myself?

Dont fancy having to buy a new one so close to christmas...though might tell the gf its her christmas prezzie :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'm no expert on TV repair, but my Sony 29" made the very same noise a few weeks ago and the TV repair man said it was the cathode. It was too expensive to get fixed, new 32" flatscreen TVs are the same price as the repair was costing.

As an aside rant, it's impossible to legally dispose of a TV if you drive a commercial vehicle in this city. The couple of Dublin Corporation places that accept them won't take them if they come out of a van instead of a car. Madness. I'm going to have to park around the corner and wheel the TV up the street into the recycling place.

Robbie

Advertisement