Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quandry

Options
  • 29-11-2004 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I was driving in Tullamore at 1.30am this morning. I was stopped at the lights at the railway station waiting to turn right for Birr. There was a Seat Toledo in front of me. The light turned green and he took his sweet time moving so i gave a small beep of the horn. He then moved off and proceeded to give me a 1 fingered salute. He then speeded away and proceeded to throw fag butts out the window.

Should i report him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

Yes, Ignorant ba5tard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

A father, who worked away from home all week, always made a special effort with his family at the weekends. Every Sunday morning he would take his daughter out for a drive in the car.
    One particular Sunday however, he had a really bad cold and he really didn't feel like driving at all. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue and decided that for this week she would take their daughter out.
    They returned just before lunch and the little girl ran upstairs to see her father.
    "Well" the father asked, "did you enjoy your ride with mummy?"
    "Oh yes Daddy" the girl replied, "and do you know what... we didn't see a single bastard!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

eh okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Trizo wrote:
    A father, who worked away from home all week, always made a special effort with his family at the weekends. Every Sunday morning he would take his daughter out for a drive in the car.
    One particular Sunday however, he had a really bad cold and he really didn't feel like driving at all. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue and decided that for this week she would take their daughter out.
    They returned just before lunch and the little girl ran upstairs to see her father.
    "Well" the father asked, "did you enjoy your ride with mummy?"
    "Oh yes Daddy" the girl replied, "and do you know what... we didn't see a single bastard!"
    and what relevance has this got to the original post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Surely that's obvious.

In answer to the original question, no, I wouldn't bother. If that's the worst behaviour you encountered going through Tullamore then you've gotten away lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Mr Burns wrote:
    I was driving in Tullamore at 1.30am this morning. I was stopped at the lights at the railway station waiting to turn right for Birr. There was a Seat Toledo in front of me. The light turned green and he took his sweet time moving so i gave a small beep of the horn. He then moved off and proceeded to give me a 1 fingered salute. He then speeded away and proceeded to throw fag butts out the window.

Should i report him?
    I'm sure you must have something better to do with your time than reporting someone over something so trival. He gave you the finger, so what. Get over it
    :rolleyes:

Well if a motorcyclist was following behind him then he could have been blinded and crashed as a result of this tossers ignorance. I say report his ass. MAke it the most expensive smoke he has ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Ah for feck sake - if thats the worst you come across on the road you're lucky. The cops wouldn't be bothered acting on something like this. Most smokers put their fags out the window. Chill out man.

How the hell could a motorcyclist be blinded by a fag butt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i see cops throwing ciggies out there window all the time
    im on a bike and have never been blinded.

Chalk wrote:
    i see cops throwing ciggies out there window all the time
    im on a bike and have never been blinded.
    Where is Seamus when you need him?

• Advertisement

Mr Burns: "Hello is that the guards?"
    Guards: "Yes it is, how can we help?"
    Mr B: "I want to report a serious incident i witnessed on the road..."
    Guards: "Go on..."
    Mr B: "Well, someone was very slow taking off from a green light and then the threw his fag butt out of the window afterwards..."
    Guards: "...we'll send a unit out straight away, and i suppose the boys from forensics better go out there too and find that fag butt and test it for DNA - we'll catch this crazy psycho don't you worry sir..."

Maybe on Craggy Island.

Roffle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Don't bother... Gardai have better things to be doing like fining drivers for driving at 1 mile an hour faster than the allowed limit and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

DukeDredd wrote:
    Ah for feck sake - if thats the worst you come across on the road you're lucky. The cops wouldn't be bothered acting on something like this. Most smokers put their fags out the window. Chill out man.

How the hell could a motorcyclist be blinded by a fag butt?

I've been hit in the visor by ****heads lobbing cigs out the window, in summer there's a good chance i'd have my visor open and the same cig would have hit me square in the face.
    Use your ****ing ashtrays arseholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

there was someone who posted here a month ago or so who got a letter in the post and it was a fine for throwing a ciggy out the window of his car.. and there was a witness to prove it...

I say report the little fúcker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bond-007 wrote:
    Where is Seamus when you need him?
    Oh, sorry I'm late. There was trouble at the lab with the running and the exploding and the crying when the monkeys stole the glasses off my head....

As echo said. I've had cigarette butts bounce off my jacket before. A foot higher and they'd be in my face. It's not so much the idea of being blinded, but getting burnt anywhere on my face would be even less so desirable while I'm driving a bike.

maybe you motorbicyclists shouldn't drive so close to cars in front then :p
    Nothing to do with it. The closer you are to the car, the more likely it is to miss you. The cigarettes are carried along on the airstream for at least 100m.

:)

maybe you motorbicyclists shouldn't drive so close to cars in front then :p

Wtf!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

How did Seamus reply to a post from Canis Lupus before he made it?
    As regards Seamus and his 100m. are you sure that's accurate? I've seen plenty of dudes through fag butts out their windows and it has never travelled for 100m from what I can see.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    How did Seamus reply to a post from Canis Lupus before he made it?
    As regards Seamus and his 100m. are you sure that's accurate? I've seen plenty of dudes through fag butts out their windows and it has never travelled for 100m from what I can see.
    Sorry, not actually travel 100m, I should have made that clearer. It will certainly remain in the air until a vehicle 100m behind catches up with it, at above 50mph.

Diggit, should have copped that myself.

seamus wrote:
    Sorry, not actually travel 100m, I should have made that clearer. It will certainly remain in the air until a vehicle 100m behind catches up with it, at above 50mph.

**deletes my point... its not really relevant and in fairness I was only pulling the piss**

and how did yur post jump in ahead of mine????

Any cig I've ever chucked tends to go straight to ground....

and how did yur post jump in ahead of mine????
    Depends on which way you throw it. In slow-moving or stopped traffic people tend to just drop it on the ground. At speed, this can extremely rarely come up, but usually just hits the ground.

At speed though, most drivers tend to put their hand up and release the butt over their roof, to prevent it going into an open rear window, or maybe for the novelty of watching it fly backwards.

No idea how my post got in ahead of yours. Glitch in the matrix.

oh and I personally open the window and aim down....

have you ever though of leaving the window closed and aiming down to the ash tray?

echomadman wrote:
    I've been hit in the visor by ****heads lobbing cigs out the window, in summer there's a good chance i'd have my visor open and the same cig would have hit me square in the face.
    Use your ****ing ashtrays arseholes

Use your ****ing visor arsehole!

Would you also blame a car driver for a stone chip flying up from behind a car and smacking you in the face because your visor wasn't closed?

And don't tell me you motocyclists are saints - if everyone reported you guys for speeding, breaking off wing mirrors of cars, driving without helmets, driving in between 2 lanes of traffic at high speed etc etc there would be none of you left on the road.

DukeDredd wrote:
    Use your ****ing visor arsehole!

Would you also blame a car driver for a stone chip flying up from behind a car and smacking you in the face because your visor wasn't closed?

No, that'd be chance. It's much more likely for a discarded butt to hit a biker than a stone flying out. It has to do with airstreams and mass.

Visors aren't mandatory nor lifesaving devices. My visor goes up and down constantly while I'm riding depending on how cold it is, how fast I'm going, what the visibility is like. You can't leave your visor down all the time. It's not safe.
    And don't tell me you motocyclists are saints - if everyone reported you guys for speeding, breaking off wing mirrors of cars, driving without helmets, driving in between 2 lanes of traffic at high speed etc etc there would be none of you left on the road.
    No-one said we were. I wish you would report motorcylists for all but the last - it's not illegal. It's only little knackers who break off wing mirrors and drive without helmets. I wish they were taken off the road. They're more of a danger to other bikers and pedestrians than they are to cars. Bikers don't speed any more than other vehicles...

• Advertisement

god i want a bike!!! mmmm

Advertisement