Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quandry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

FX Meister wrote:
    have you ever though of leaving the window closed and aiming down to the ash tray?

What and fill my ashtray up with cigarette buts and make car even smellier than it already is???? Anyway I'd have nowhere to keep my spare change and emergency money if I did that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Eh there was no cyclist behind the car or motrobike for that matter so whats your point in saying what if?
    It does not matter there was not!
    Who is to say he would have thrown out the cig if there was a cyclist/motorbike behind him?
    I think its rediculous if people ring up an already sgretched police force with such childish complaints,get over yourselfs the word is not s perfect state of utopiah where nothing bad ever happens! :rolleyes:
    One last thing do i have no physical evidence in my opinion 80% of bikers break the speed limits in all area's daily ****ing lunatics in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

no you're wrong, 100% of EVERYONE on the road breaks the speed limit

Your probably right i have broken the speed limit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

anyone who says they have never broken the speed limit is a liar;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

One last thing do i have no physical evidence in my opinion 80% of bikers break the speed limits in all area's daily ****ing lunatics in my opinion!
    Stand at the side of the road with a speed gun all day do we?

Most drivers haven't a clue how fast bikes are going. This is a common reason for accidents when cars pull out in front of them.

Most drivers have difficulty separating speeding with quick acceleration. Just because a bike burns away from you, doesn't mean they're speeding. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

seamus wrote:
    Just because a bike burns away from you, doesn't mean they're speeding. :)

When you're already doing 60 it does...
    :p

I appreciate your point on the judging speed and the genreal noise of bikes etc!
    But im mainly talking about driving in 30/40 mph area's everyday and granted it is a bit of " tarring all with one brush " talk!
    In limerick there is id say a small concentration of motorbikes compared to cars but for every 10 bikes i meet on inner city routes or suburban routes there are 6-8 fecking gunning it im talking about 50-80 mph in built up areas.
    I dont stand with a speed gun i accept i am generalising a bit but there is a hell of a lot of undetected speeding going on with motorbikes they flaunt the law much more than motorist do!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In fairness, that's just an Irish attitudes thing. Bikers only seem to speed more because they can. If cars weren't stuck in traffic, they'd be just as bad.

Anytime I've found myself speeding on motorways or dual carriageways, I'm almost certainly in the left hand lane, being overtaken by another vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Have to agree with dread, many times I've been driving at the limit when bikes overtake at speed. I presume they prefer to overtake as swiftly as possible but they still drive pretty fast after that. Maybe it's just people notice the bad bikers more than the ones obeying the rules of the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If you report the person that through the butt out the window I'm sure if any prosecution is going to occur you'll have to appear in court, and is this nubskull worth the hassle. I'm sure you mad at been given the finger but if a little patience was shown and instead of beeping maybe none of this would happen.
    Ah what the hell report him tell us how you get on.

Advertisement