Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my DS

Options
  • 29-11-2004 6:22pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got one just now. No games just the demo. Compleat surprise as id asked a manager in work at the last min on friday to pick one up in Florida and the bastard wound me up for 10 mins then handed it to me!

Have to say its dam big but rocks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The demo will last you about 10 minutes and leave you hungry for more.... time to order some REAL games! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Lucky b@stard

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

TmB wrote:
    The demo will last you about 10 minutes and leave you hungry for more.... time to order some REAL games! :)

Bro is in Boston in a week and will be picking me some up :D

In the mean time ill be putting my computer dgree and WLAN knowlege in to looking at this:

http://www.darkain.com/portability.php?portid=1&page=8

Heard a story today that one of the guys from the Bare Naked Ladys (who were playing a concert here recently) has a DS and wondered in to a Game in Dublin looking to buy a case for it. He pulled out the DS and the whole shop mobbed him for a look at it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Rew wrote:
    Heard a story today that one of the guys from the Bare Naked Ladys (who were playing a concert here recently) has a DS and wondered in to a Game in Dublin looking to buy a case for it. He pulled out the DS and the whole shop mobbed him for a look at it.

Yea, I was at the concert on Sunday and Ed mentioned he went into Game on Grafton Street and asked for games for it to just have the whole shop just drop what they were doing and crowd around him to catch a glimpse.

Wonder if it made the Hearld, they love that sort of news...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Rew wrote:

AWWWWW man. I am sooo doing that as soon as I get mine. Go in with my friend, take out DSs, and wait for the crowd. Hell yeah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

AWWWWW man. I am sooo doing that as soon as I get mine. Go in wiht my friend, take out DS's, and wait for the crowd. Hell yeha! :D

Your cool.

Tusky wrote:
    Your cool.
    Yeah I know. And it's 'you're'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah I know. And it's 'you're'.

or it could be the 'cool' that belongs to you... did you think of that?

I bored of my DS now... I really need some games for it.. bleh... It charges just fine off an SP charger by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Grr, I still gotta wait till january 15th for mine , and thats only if my GF can manage to net me one! Although im hoping that after X-mas the shipments wont be mobbed as bad!!

Rew, if you get one from boston, will you PM me please, so I can gauge the current demand(I know its high :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Rew wrote:

Pretty cool story.

Grr, I still gotta wait till january 15th for mine , and thats only if my GF can manage to net me one! Although im hoping that after X-mas the shipments wont be mobbed as bad!!

Rew, if you get one from boston, will you PM me please, so I can gauge the current demand(I know its high :D)

I cancled the Boston order when I got this one. Brother is brining back games instead. This one came from Walmart in Florida, bought last Friday.

I take it your GF is in the states or is going? Tell her to try Target, Best Buy and Walmart. Places like EB and GS have been selling out the second they get stock. Other thing is she could use eBay when she is there depending on how long she is there for. Loads of them up there so its keeping the price down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

or it could be the 'cool' that belongs to you... did you think of that?

I bored of my DS now... I really need some games for it.. bleh... It charges just fine off an SP charger by the way...

If your bored with it you could share?

And yes its the bored that belongs to you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Grrr... Websense here blocks "Games" sites and my workaround is down atm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The first sales figures from Nintendo's latest hardware launch are expected to be announced today, with half a million units of the Nintendo DS handheld sold in North America in the launch week.

That represents around 90 per cent of the stock which Nintendo shipped to retail stores across North America for the launch, and indeed many retailers have reported that the console has sold out at their stores.

Online auction site eBay has seen an upside from the early popularity of the console, with some bidders paying over twice the standard retail price of the DS in order to get their hands on one last week.

The 500,000 unit launch week puts Nintendo well on track to meet its target of selling a million units of the console in North America by the end of the calendar year, along with two million units in Japan - where the DS launches this week.

For the full calendar year, which runs through to March, the firm recently raised its shipment target for the DS to five million units worldwide, a figure which includes the European launch in Q1 2005.

According to the Seattle Times, which reported the half-million sell through figure this morning, Nintendo also sold some 800,000 units of the Game Boy Advance SP hardware last week, making it into the single biggest sales week for handheld consoles ever.
    Click here to read and post comments on this news item. (Currently 21 comments)
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Went and bought one from ebay on impulse as a pressie for my girlfriend. Arrived today, damn security seals all over it so i cant open it to have a go.....i mean make sure it works ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

bought it for your girlfriend my ass! lol

mbroaders wrote:
    Went and bought one from ebay on impulse as a pressie for my girlfriend. Arrived today, damn security seals all over it so i cant open it to have a go.....i mean make sure it works ;)

How much off EBay? Cost me €123 for the DS getting games next week.

I reckon Mario, XY/XX and Ridge Racer. Tepmted to try spiderman but reviews arn't great. Urbz dosnt do it for me, Asphalt isn't supposed to be great and i was ever a fan of American Football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i keep sayin ill get a ds but then i look at the range of games and see nothin except little mini games or a remake. just lookin through a list of games on ign and i see a few i owuldnt mind having whenever they come out:
    bomberman
    advance wars
    zelda
    mario kart
    mp hunters
    the new super mario bros game
    viewtiful joe.

that's ot a lot and it wouldnt be much use unless others were there to play for most of them and a lot of them wont be out for ages! psp is lookin better for straight up gamin tbh, pity about it's battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Ah, give it time... and some of those could be quite good. I haven't played a bad Zelda game yet. And I want FF3. Finally, a legal, english, copy of FF3.... plus better gfx than the NES version.

Also, the PSP release line-up isn't looking that spectacular either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mbroaders wrote:
    Oh to have a boyfriend who'd buy me a DS on impulse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

just after havin' a look on ebay and these are still going pretty *cheap*..

210euros inc. express delivery from england with metroid demo.. isn't bad..

if you include delivery from an online site such as lik-sang.com the total comes to around 210dollers...plus then theres the waiting..

just might treat myself to one some time soon...

Sorry REW, I thought you were a different person when you posted, I dunno why!!

Anyway, ye, ill be telling her the shops to check out before she leaves etc...

Failing that she gets one while she is over there ill get one from Ebay for my B-day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

The person who i was supposed to be gettin one for dont want it no more so woohoo only gotta go through customs with one of the things lets hope i can i am here next week
    Brock

Brock wrote:
    The person who i was supposed to be gettin one for dont want it no more so woohoo only gotta go through customs with one of the things lets hope i can i am here next week
    Brock

Lose the box, hide any instructions you want to keep (the DS manual is available in PDF on line). Put a game in to the slot and stick it in your hand luggage or pocket. They cannt charge you for importing somthing they cannt prove you bought on your trip ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

thanks rew will do
    YEAH it rhymes
    Brock

Well, since they dont want it,.... you want to sell it :D;)

Well, since they dont want it,.... you want to sell it :D;)
    If you have a rummage through the threads HERE there are a few guys who will match thr Lik-Sang price and send one over to you. This guy specfically mentions one guy who I know got 22 DS's for various board members outside the US.

http://gbatemp.m4d.sm/index.php?act=SC&c=7

• Advertisement

Lik-Sang, I hate you! Only now is my preorder being sent and they're saying that it'll be the Japanese one. Also, the Japanese onw doesn't come with a Metroid Prime: First Hunt!!! If anyone wants to sell their demo there's a good buyer right here. :D Now I've only got Pictochat and Wario Ware DS to stave me over till I get another game (my Feel The Magic XY:XX isn't available yet). :mad:

Advertisement